Friday, July 12, 2013

"I can't go back to yesterday...because I was a different person...then..." {Alice, Alice in Wonderland}

"I can't go back...to yesterday...
Because...I was a different person...then..."
I ran across these lines...this Morning....
As I walked... with Polly... I pondered them...
They struck... me... immediately when I read them...
and realized... truer words...were never written....
Being a 'different' person...yesterday... may...be a good thing....
Bettering...one's self....
for tomorrow...
but then...as I pondered...
it could...also... be a sad....thing...
Sometimes... one...waltzes through life... with blinders on....
with a 'Pollyanna'...state of mind...
Then...reality... finds you... and...you wish... you could be that...'Different' person...again....
and...remain...in..'Yesterday'....
and...everything... stay...the same....
oh dear...
I am...sounding...much...like the Hatter...
Maybe... that's why... I find myself...
more and more...
content...
Down The Rabbit Hole...
where...it's...always...
'Yesterday'....
Love to ya...
Barb C.
Here are a few images... I gathered...
yesterday....
: )
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is a most...wonderful piece... I picked it up...for a friend... many...many... yesterdays ago...
I bought it from her...at her garage sale, recently...
It's an early...Ironstone Platter... that had been damaged... Long...Ago...so...rather than throw it away...a hundred years ago... or better...an artist...used it as his, or her...canvas....
and...
framed it...
a perfect... thing...
for the ...rabbit hole....
 
 
 

The Little...Toadstools... formed a line... to the Old... Tree Stump...
another... 'rabbit hole'....
 
I'm sure...there must be a small... 'Alice'... here... somewhere...
 
 


No comments: