Saturday, June 15, 2013

Yesterday's Gatherings.... for The July Open House!

Had a Wonderful Day...
Gathering...at The Amana Garage Sales!
My Pal...Linda...from West Amana {there are Seven Villages, creating The Amana Colonies}
{The Amana Colonies were Formed...in the Mid 1800's... a German Settlement... who lived...kind of like The Shakers.... Communally...}
I Love... their Stuff! From the Early Hand Made Furnture...to the Tin Pieces...their Tin Smiths Created!
They made their own...EVERYTHING!
They all ate together...and Worshiped together...
in each Village....
Everyone...had a Job... a Purpose...
From working in the Laundry.... to the Communal Kitchens...
Gardening... Woolen Mill....
Very...Cool....}
Linda... and her Husband, Dick... bought a Home in the Village of...'West'.... several years ago...
and have been hosting an Antique Garage Sale... the last couple of years....
Linda and I...go...way back!
I hadn't planned on going to the Sales....
with Mom...and Polly.... I never know what's next....
and..it was difficult...thinking about anything else....
{Mom...is Home... but... fragile... so...very...fragile...}
The Amanas are only 11 miles from my door....
and...I really wanted to see Linda....
{She and Dick are over the road Truckers and difficult to catch at home.... Dick...is having some health issues... so...they are home....{ Dick...and Linda...are in my Prayers...: ) }
So...headed out...first thing...
There were Sales...Everywhere....!
I drove Jethro... because...I didn't plan on finding...too many Sales...
or...being away...very long...
oh...my....
I had to come home...and get the Ford!!!
What a Day!
Hope You.....had a Great One....
Too...
: )
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{Happy Birthday...Lynn... : ) Hope You and Lea.... Bring Home a Big...Birthday Load!!!}
 
 
This... Pulley Wheel....is...
AWESOME!!!!
It's Cast Iron....
and...Sooooo....
Sculptural!!!!
It was...a Bit... of a Trick...Loading it..... : )
{Thanks...Girls....for the Offer! }
: )
It was...a Very...Good... Day....
: )
I think...this may be an Amana  Sprinkling Can...
All of the edges are rolled... the sprinkling nozzle...is soldered...and hand punched....
It came from the Home...of The Original Tin Smith... in Homestead....{one of the Amana Colonies...}
as...did a Wonderful Bench... and the Great....Dry Sink! }
Love...the Construction... of Old...Hand Made Tin Ware!
I bought a Sweet Pile of Primitives...from Linda... : ) Her Sale is Still Going On...Today...and Sunday!!!!
Found Piles...of Darling....Vintage Lace...and Doilies...at Friend...Frankie's!
She always...has such Great Sales...Too!
I kept telling the Older...Gentleman... I purchased so many of The Amana Pieces from....
How Much...I Loved Them!!!!
and what I hoped to do with the Dry Sink!
{He said it had been in the Basement...for...Ever... }
Love this...Old.....Dry Sink!
It's between 5 and 6 feet wide.... constructed from 20 Inch Wide Boards! All Square Nailed!
It has...Original Red { like Ox Blood } paint.... under the Gray Blue...that was added... in the early 1900's...
 {you see a lot of Amana Pieces...in the Gray Blue.... }
It's so...weird....
I have just started asking....friends...who deal in Furniture...to keep an eye out...for a Dry Sink....
They are getting....soooo hard to find....
They all said... you can find ones... that are...newly made... or... had been converted...from something else... and made into... a Dry Sink...
but... The Real Deal... is getting tuff to find....
I agree...
and feel Blessed to have found this one...so quickly...
I want to use one...for The July Open House...
{July 2nd through the 6th!}
as a Server...or... actually... put dish pans in it... and use it....
I'll be serving refreshments...in the Evenings... and use real...vintage... Stemware...and plates....
{I Hate...Plastic...and Paper...: ( }
I could keep up...with the dishes.... at the Shop!
This is a Thimbleful....
 John and I shoved what needed to be covered...inside the Green House... before it Stormed....
I had to Hurry....and get the Weed Whipping Done.... and MOW...as well....
oh my...
The Lawn.... has been getting out of hand!
I can't keep up!
I'm Stiff and Sore...today!
oh my...
More images... of the Amana Gatherings...that will be here...for The July Open House...
Very Soon! 

No comments: