Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Full... House... : ) oh...dear...

I just had a conversation... with a friend...a couple of weeks ago...about 'Decorating'...
I...personally...Love a Full House....
in an Antique Shop....
but... it's important... to leave spaces...here and there... that are simple... sparse....
'Quiet'...
to let the eyes... rest... from the 'Busy ness'....
After working...down the rabbit hole....today...
feeding in... new arrivals... for The July Open House....
I... plainly see...
There will be No Rest!!!!
No Rest... for the Eyes... Mind...nor Body...
{I'd better start 'Fasting'... now... it's gonna be...Tight Quarters!}
I'll get'er in... give me the 'Plumber's Helper'... and a Shoe Horn!!!
oh my...
I brought in some wonderful... linens from a Catholic Church...
today.....
They are....
Beautiful....
Lot's... of...Vintage Linen....

When I think...'Summer'...
I think...
Crisp
White
 Vintage
 Linen...
Silver....
Mint Julep Glasses...
Worn...
Dough Boards...
garnished with...
Sliced..
Homemade Bread....
Fresh Pesto....
Tomatoes...Olives.... Cucumber...
and...
 Cheese Curds!
That Squeak...as you chew them!
and...of course...
Ice Cold...
Watermelon!
{did I mention... Mint Juleps... in those...Silver Glasses?
with Fresh...Mint.... from the Herb Garden.... : )
Mmmmm....
Life....
{and...Summer...}
is...
Good....
: ) }
 
Treasures...from the Cedar Rapids Estate...
{I'll be unpacking... for Days.... oh my....}
My Buddies... are back....: )
It's so strange...
I sat and watched... every day....
nothing....
now...the last two days...they are doing Back Flips!
?
no matter...
It's....Great....To See Them!!!
{they were only a couple inches... when I brought them home... last year...
I'll bet... the Koi... are a foot long...
I worried so...over the Winter... had Two...Heaters goin'....
oh my...
Critters...}
: ) : ) : )

2 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

OMG Barb! Those linens! Would you consider selling them to me directly? Please email me, I am interested....you could say I hoard them (along with 2 of my sisters)...I can only imagine the beauty at the hands of the nuns' who undoubtedly hand-worked those!!
~R

Simply Iowa said...

Hey...Rita...
I have posted them...so...I can't sell them until the 2nd of July....
Call me... and I'll tell you how I work with Folks that can't attend the Sales....
The Folks that attend... get first chance... the first hour.... after opening... then...we can pull things for shipping orders...
If you call me... next week, I can give you more details...on condition and size...
Thanks...Rita...
Sorry...I can't send them to you...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
319 241 1348