Saturday, March 2, 2013

I've...got Silver...in the Stars... Gold....in the Mornin'...Sun...

Sunday...Morning...Coffee...
This...Old Spoon...is a Commemorative...for something....
It holds the dates..from 1901 to 1931...
I don't remember...where it came from.. but..it is what I pulled out...of the Spoon Jar...
this...Morn...
Just as I have all...mismatched Flatware... I also have mismatched...Everything else...
Like...this Old...Blue Willow...Cup...
I have...only...one...
It's a Big One... it's all Crazed....
One of my Very Favorites...
For my Coffee...Sippin'...Morning...Ritual..: )
It reminds me...of my Dear Friend...Eudora....
She collected..Old... Blue Willow...
Sure miss her...
I Truly...do...
 
Old....Silver...
There truly...is nothing like it....
I have collected it...for years...
It's...all we use....
Old...Silver Plate... Coin...and Sterling...
I love...digging through...piles of old silverware...when I'm out and about...
Hunting for...unusual..pieces...
not...necessarily...Sterling...or Coin...
some...of what I hold..most dear...is Silver Plate...
with...unusual shaped...handles...
Some...have Birds...some...Women... or...are Beautifully...Monogrammed...
They can usually be bought...very reasonably...
but...they feel...like a Million Bucks...in my hand...stirring...my Stout Coffee...every....morn...: )
The Coin...Silver... is soooo...Old....
Hand...Made....
from the Early...1800's....
It's so...finely...done....
It makes my mind...whirl.... thinking...about the Man...who created...it...
 Very....Precisely... done...
with...such...Primitive...tools...
Amazing....and...priced...so....Small...
20. to 50. per piece...
It's very close...to Sterling...melted down....it would be worth...a lot....
then...add in...the nearly 200 years... and...Craftsmanship...
oh my....
I spend more than that...filling...the Ford....with...Fuel...
I spent a little time...polishing some of it...tonight...
This is all...in my collection...
I'll be using...some it...at The Garden Party....
and...it should...Shine...for my Guests... : )
Hope...you all...had a Lovely...Day...
and...Enjoy...this Evening...
Filled...with Silver....in The Stars...
and...Relish...The Gold....
in The Mornin'...Sun....
Lord...we are all...so...Very...Rich...
Yes...we are...
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
{....Love...
The Alison...Version...of the above song...
{an...Old Don Williams...tune....}
I feel...it...every time...it plays...down...the rabbit hole...
a...'soulful'... straight...to the Heart...
Song....
'Poetry'...
set...to Music...
and...so very...'Fittin'...}
 
 
These are mostly...Big...Coin Silver...Serving Spoons...
I Love...the Tarnish....but...when I serve with them...I give them...a little Shine....
Sooooo...Beautiful...and...if I used these...every day... like my tea spoons...they wouldn't tarnish...so much...
{it took me all...of three minutes...to polish...the group...}
These...Old Treasures...Love...to be Used....
I... Happily...Oblige...
Ready...to Serve!
I Love...finding...Unusual...Pieces....
During the Victorian Years...they made a Serving Piece...for Everything!
I have...several...'Tomato Servers'....
Love Them....
{one...is pictured...above..in the Sugar Urn....... it is Round...and Flat...: ) }
Love...these... The Center...Spoon...I just picked up.... it has...My Home Town...in the Bowl... Cedar Rapids... : )
These were made...around..1880...or...a little later...
I always...look...for unusual shapes...
 What...Sweeties!
These...can be purchased...for under 10.00...
out...and about...
Such...Beauty...for...so... very...little...
and...they will last...a Lifetime....
unlike...3 gallons...of gas...: )

4 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...


I love the silverware , forks & spoons, I spotted a tomato spoon in one of the pictures.

I always look for them don't know why I have about 7 , how many tomato spoons does a gal need anyway?

sue in mexico mo said...

I also love old silver - coin, sterling & some silverplate - and use it every day. I even like polishing it. Such instant gratification!

Simply Iowa said...

Me...too....
I enjoy...cleaning....all of this...Old Stuff...
but....really...enjoy...using it...
I...truly do...
Love to ya...Sue...: )

Simply Iowa said...

Well...I wouldn't...know how many...are too...many...and...Never...want to...Like You...I'll keep picking 'em up!
I use them...for Many....Dishes! They...are COOL!!!!!
: )