Friday, February 22, 2013

Roses...are Red...My Love.... : )

I Hurried...and Scurried..yesterday...to get Masses of Balloons and Treats...for Mom's Birthday...
It was a Lovely...Day....
I Treated...all of the Residents...and Staff...to Sweets...for Mom's 93rd!
They were all...so wonderful...and Clapped for Mom...
came up...and visited with us....
She...is Loved..by Many...: )
I felt Blessed...to share...in this Birthday...with her...
a few short months ago...I wasn't sure...this would be....
I'm glad...I got...so ornery...with the Dr.'s...and pushed them..hard....
Just as...my Grandmother did...when Mom was born...on the Farm...
The Dr. came to the Farm...and told...my Grandmother...to let Mom go....
She would never live...
Grandma...wouldn't have any part of that...and put Mom..in a Shoebox....
on the Old Wood Burning Stove's... Warming Oven Door.....
Here Mom is...93 years...later...
Just goes to show...Dr.'s...don't know...everything....
I put this song on today...in Memory...of Mom..and Dad...
As Dad and I Bounced down...the Rough Country Back Roads...of Iowa...
 in those Old Trucks...when I was a Little Girl...he'd sing this song...over and over....
I always knew...it was for my Mother...
Her name...is Rose....
or..."Rosie"...as Dad...Always...called her...: )
They had a Love...that wouldn't Die....
He Loved...her so....
Even...when they divorced....they never dated anyone else....
they lived together....off and on...until he Passed Away....
They Never...stopped Loving Each Other...
Every time... I see a Bouquet...of Roses...I think...of Them...
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
 
When...I stopped...to gather groceries...after leaving...Mom... I spotted these Roses...
I had to buy them....
The Snow...Reflected...so Brightly...through the window...
on the Old Cupboard...this Morn...
They seemed to be Smiling...at me...as I walked by...
ahhhh....
Memories...
Had a Wonderful Time...sharing Mom's 93rd Birthday...with her...yesterday....
She Laughed...and Sang...Old Songs....
I had a Gal...snap this image...of us...the only other...I have...of just us...was taken...when I was 5....
Thought...is was about time...for an updated one....: )
{I have always run away...from having pictures taken...with Mom...and her two other daughters....
They are all...Tiny...people...
{barely 5 feet tall....and slender...}
I look like the Amazon Queen...when standing with them...{I'm nearly a foot taller...and...wider...oh my...}
 
 
It was a Beautiful...Morning...no wind....and a Brand New...Blanket...of Snow....




1 comment:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Sooo sweet! My mom would've been 93 this year (Mar 2). My siblings & I (there are 9 total) all miss her still, after 6 yrs.

So glad you got to visit, got the picture (it's great!), and got to share part of the day with thoughts of your dad - he was there, I'm sure. Lucky you! That's twice in one week!

Rita