Friday, February 1, 2013

Love it.... {oh my...a Landslide...}

I had to post the Budweiser Commercial....when I saw it on Barb Davis's FB....
{posted...Below this Post...}
Oh My...
It Made me Cry.....
It's so....Beautiful...
Yet...I know...all too well...how it feels...
brought back...a lot...of Memories...
Letting go...of the Most Amazing...Critters....Friends....
This one...really Choked me up....
I guess...it's...Truly...
All About The Journey...
I'm headed out the door...
it below zero...well...
by now..it may be a few degrees...out..
Have Loads to do...
Hope you...have a Lovey...day...
stay warm...and keep all of the Critters...warm...too...
Love to ya...
Barb C.

{P.S.
I couldn't understand...why that beautiful...video...hit me so hard...this morn...
I used to buy...and sell horses...from the time I was little...
We rescued...many...Many...that would have went to 'kill'...
Simply...by...giving them a chance....
Spending time...with them...grooming...so..folks would not be afraid..of them...{They would be sent in...to an auction ring...scared to death.... no halter... manes...and tails...full of burs...
we'd take them home...clean them up... feed them... work with them...then people...weren't afraid...to put their children on them...they would go to 'Homes'...
But...it was soooo hard... after all the time spent... letting them go...
But...I think...this Clydesdale... brought back the memories...of Champ...and Charlie...
{Dad named them...: ) }
Two...Belgian Colts...{also Draft Horses...}I bought...when I was in my late teens...
They were only 3 months old...and torn away...from their Mothers...at the Sale Barn...
I watched the poor Babies...whinny...for their Mothers...as the Auctioneer...was trying to get a bid....
I knew..they would be a handful... to care for....but...tho...I had little money... I bought them...
had to....
I took them home...bottle fed them...
Dad...Loved them...
he worked with them...more than I did...
He remembered...Farming...with Draft Horses....
Several years later...
when Dad died... I was pregnant...with Liz...and Justin..was a Toddler....
I had...little...money...{money....seems....is always...tight...}
I wasn't working... we were struggling...
it took...every last penny...I had...to pay for Dad's Gravestone....
{including...the money...from Champ...and Charlie...}
I couldn't take care of them...
so...my Niece...bought them...
It was the Hardest Thing...I had Ever Done...
Letting Champ and Charlie...be led away...
My niece...couldn't understand...why... I was crying....
{I remember...I couldn't even go...and help them load them...I was on my knees...planting flowers...and...sobbing...}
She said..."We'll give 'em a good home"...."I don't know...why...you are so...upset.."
I just kept digging..in the dirt...
I didn't even...look up...
I guess... I knew that...they would be taken care of...but...I felt like...I'd let Dad...down.....and...Champ...and Charlie...
I knew...I wasn't the only one...who was missing...Dad....
People...forget...
Animals... don't...}
{I'm...sure...they are all...together...again...
and...I would bet...
When they saw Dad...they went running to him....on those Streets..Paved...with Gold...
just like this Guy...did... : )
I look forward...to seeing them..all again...
and hope...they can forgive me...}

{I never went to see...Champ and Charlie...
I simply...could not....do it...
I wasn't close to my Dad's Children...after he passed away...
That Chapter....closed....
until...I get caught up...in a Landslide..of Memories...like...today...
{Funny...how they also...used the above tune..'Landslide'...with the commercial...
It sooo...reminds me..of Dad...and...Life's...Journey...}


No comments: