Saturday, February 23, 2013

I was...Late...to Duwa's...Auction...{Naughty... : ) }

 
I flew...into the Auction...
Late...
Dwight...{the Auctioneer...} Stopped the Auction...to inform the Crowd...of my Tardiness...: )
oh my...
I had to stop enroute...and get meds...
{I thought about...not...stopping...and taking my chances...
then...I remembered...the Anamosa...Show...
I Have...to Breathe....
DANG!!!}
My Lungs...are giving me Fits!
I have a Nasty Cold...
and...of course...it has settled..in my Lungs...
thought...tho...it made me Late...I'd be a better bidder...if I could...Breathe!
It was a Lovely...Day!
Saw soooo many Friends...: )
and...came home...with some very....Gnarly...Unusual....Treasures....
{More images...in the Morn..: ) }
I spent most of the Day...outside... with the Grungy Farm...stuff...
but...snuck inside...just in time...to buy the Beautiful...Old...Old...
Sunflower Candelabras...
{oh my...Love...Them!}
Thanks...Soooo Much...to Dwight and Junell...for calling yesterday...to let me know...about this Auction...: )
I get so....Twisted... burning the Candle...at Both Ends...I may...have missed it...
What Fun..it was...
Thanks...to Lynn...and Bud...for lending a hand...Loading...: )
It was Great seeing...Kelly...Brent...and Bill A. {He has a Show...next Weekend..at The Fairgrounds...in Iowa City! }
I Ducked out...early....from the Auction.... I truly...was not...on top of things....
but...am Thrilled...with what came Home...: )
Don't let the height...fool ya...there is some...Great Stuff...on this Load...{the cab is full...as well...: ) }
Everything...from Ornate...Old...Old...Farm Pickets.... a Beautiful....Victorian Screen Door....a Pile...of Feed Sacks...Grinding Stone...Giant Galvanized...Tub...an old...Chimney Cupboard...and...Funky...Fragments....ect....ect....
yes...this...is a Sweeeet Load...for the Garden Party!
Love This!
I tried to buy it...to no avail....it sold with a Group of things... the winning bidder wanted something else...in the pile...and was willing to pay...more for that item...I didn't see who bought the pile...it was in...but while visiting with Lynn...and another Gentleman...I said...how sorry I was...I had not gotten the Wind Mill...Weight...{counter balance}.... Lo...and Behold...the Gentleman...had...bought it...from the top bidder...and...Sold It To Me!!!! YAY!!!!!
I Love...Anything...with IOWA on it!!!
Some of The Favorites....
The Lovely Old...Candelabras.... Little...Side Saddle Stirrup...{Heart Shaped..: ) } The Odd...Curry Comb...and...
the Des Moines, Iowa...Windmill...Counter Balance...
I picked up Two...Modern Chandeliers....on the way Home... : )
{sigh....}
LOVE THIS!!!
Don't have a Clue...What...it is...
It's Cast Iron...
and...Viney...all over it...
but...it is one of my 'Favorite'...Things...of the day!

1 comment:

Brandon Woline said...

Awesome awesome Barb! I hope I'm the first one at the Garden Party so I can get the feed sacks and candelabras.