Sunday, January 27, 2013

Restless...

Restless...
I don't often...get this way...
but...today...I am...
Restless...
It's raining....ice...outside...
I hate...Ice...on the roads...
This...is on the Glass... and...Everything...Else...! oh my....
 
I've been caught out...in it...a time or two...
and...I gotta tell ya... it leaves ya feeling....
Totally Vulnerable...
You...may be able to keep your wheels...out of the ditch...but...the other guy...coming at you...or..next to you...may take You There...
With Him!
Yikes!
I had wanted to go to an Antique Show....this morn...in Northern Iowa...
but....no...way....
and...I keep Loading...and Reloading...the Truck...in my mind...
Setting The 'Heart' Booth... over and over...in my mind...
Seeing the Projects...in my mind...that still...have to be done...
So....Very...Many....
My brain is filled with...everything...from the shoes... I need to bring...
to the Maintenance...of the Fuso...
and...the Thousand...things...in between....
I am...Thankful....we aren't leaving...today...for Nashville...
and...Hope...it will be good roads...weather...and...
Smooth Sailing...
Went to Allyson's...last night...for a Lovely Supper...
It was so nice...visiting with her...and her Darling...Sister... Bethany...
along with...all of their Four Legged Family Members....
{Allyson feeds all of the Stray Cats...and has wonderful...Cozy Houses for them...on her Porch...
When I went to walk onto the Porch...they all came filing out...of their...Posh...Homes...one...had a Very...Strange...tail....{and was Sooo Fat....He Waddled!}
Turned out...it was a Opossum...!
He was Happy...as a Clam...Snuggled in...with all of the Cats....
Loads of Food...Fresh Water...Warm...Little Cabins... oh yes...life...is Gooood...at Allyson's!}.
Love this...Illustration....it's a Grand Wood...piece...from Farm on the Hill....Gotta Love...our Beloved...Critters!!!
 
After...the Lovely Meal...we sat by the Fireplace...and visited...
Such...a Good...Relaxing...Time....
I also...had the Wonderful...Opportunity...to Visit...and Touch...
some of my Oldest....Friends...
The Cupboards...The Tables...John's...Tin Covered Pieces....
{We ate...at the Massive Tin Covered...Table....oh my....}
It was...Lovely...
Allyson...over the years...has bought...so many of the Cupboards...
I have held...most Dear...to my Heart...
It was...such a Treat... to take the time... and...Stroll down Memory Lane...with...Them...
oh my....
I remember...each and everyone of them...so well... all of the little details....and...
the Journey...I had...encountered...with each piece...
It was like... reading 'This Is Your Life'... with each Old...Darling...
I have to get moving...or I'm Going To Explode!!!
Restless!
Hope you...have a Most...Wonderful Day...
Off...the Roads...if...they Glisten!
Love...to ya!
Barb C.


4 comments:

Cindy Nutt said...

I laughed so hard when you wrote about the kitties---especially the fake one! Glad you had a trip down memory lane last night, but even happier that you be staying off the roads today! Stay safe and inside my friend! You be too precious to loose to some other driver!

Earlene said...

Be safe...we are suppose to get the ice tonight and tomorrow...I dread driving in it. Hopefully the weatherman is wrong. Yours is looking pretty thick. I am staying home all day today just in case.

Simply Iowa said...

Awwwww....
It was Sooooo Funny!
That little Guy...was Soooo Funny....and...FAT...{Allyson...runs a Pretty Good...Rooming House!}
and...yes...I don't...drive on ice...I can barely walk on it...Yikes!
Love to ya...Sweet Pea!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Earlene...
I'm with ya...If It's Ice...
I Stay...In...
Looks like we have another round...coming...
Oh Boy!
Love to ya...
Barb C.