Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Getting to Know...The Old...Corner Cupboard...

This...is what
 I Love....
There is always....always...something...about a piece... that draws me to it...and makes me Fall in Love...with it...
on This...Old Corner Cupboard.... It was This...
The wear... the Gnarliness....
The Wonderful...Old...Old...original..to the Cupboard...Cast...Turn Latches...
oh yes...
I took a moment...before I unloaded it...onto the Ford.... to really...'Look'...at it...
Get...'Aquainted'...with the Old Darling...
before..we Danced...out the Back...of the Fuso...
When I had left a bid...with Lynn...I wasn't sure I'd get it... so...did a quick...overview...and moved on...to the next piece...
Then...that Evening...when Liz and I picked it up...We had worked our Tails...off...Loading...Unloading...and setting the Anamosa Booth...all day...
Then....headed south...bucked Strong...Cold... Winds....for an Hour and a Half....{sometimes...having the truck...Floored...and only reaching 45mph....}
Then...when we loaded it...oh my...It was COLD!!!!
Too Cold...for any...proper...introduction...
So...today...was the first time...I really 'Met'...my new... Old Friend....
He's pretty...Wonderful...
He's constructed...with the Tiniest...square nails...
When I opened the doors... I realized....how very...Old...he is...
I could...feel it...
He's had...a Journey...
one...that has spanned...over a Hundred...and Forty Years....
 A....Most...Lovely...Old Farm...Cupboard...
I'm going to call Dwight and Junell...and see...where he came from...
John has a couple...minor repairs...to do...
Then...He's Headed to Nashville....
Wonder...if the person...who created this Old Corner Cupboard...could have ever imagined...where his Cupboard...would be...someday...
At The Grand Daddy....of All Antique Shows...
Heart of Country...
Nashville...Tennessee...
{when this cupboard was constructed...the Civil War...was still...a Very Recent...Memory....}
oh my...It's All...About...The Journey...
Yes...It Is...Precisely...My Cup...of Tea...
: )
{Received...a call...from Nashville...this afternoon... it was my Porter..Red... making sure...we were coming... He is such a Sweet Man... we had a Lovely...visit...: )
I So...look forward to seeing...Everyone... in Nashville...
Good...Good...Good...Folk...}
 
It Rained...and Hailed... as I unloaded the Fuso...
I was Sopping Wet!
and...Frozen...
but...got a lot done...
back at it...in the morn...
It'll be...in 3 to 6 inches...of Snow...: )
Oh Boy!
The Fun Never Ends!!!
: )
John is fitting...the hand cut pieces...to the Beautiful...Old Sofa...
It's Going to be...Over The Top!!!
Holy...Smokes!!!!
I bought these old Coke Sign Fragments...that are mounted to the Opera House Windows...from Anamosa, Iowa...
at The Show....
I had cleaned them up...a bit...when I brought them into the booth...
{You can see the second one...tucked behind the Simply Iowa Sign}
Today... I gave them...a Good...bath...
They Perked Right Up!
{It's Amazing...what a Little Elbow Grease...can Do!}
The Old...Corner Cupboard....
When I Opened it's Doors...
I had...such a Wonderful Feeling...
It has that...Old....Scent...that no one... can recreate...
Oh my....I Love...that Scent....
{Patchouli...is a Close...second...}

No comments: