Monday, January 7, 2013

Expressions...

Worked on the Old...Clock...yesterday....
Tho...in this image..it's hard to see...what I did...
The Glass...had newer black and gold paint...on the back side...of the door...

v>
Probably done...when the quartz movement...was installed....
I want to make this...a Show Case...for some of my most... treasured...'littles'...
So...I reverse etched... my Favorite sayings...{It Is...What It Is...It's all about the Journey...Heart...and Soulful...Simply Iowa...} and other...swirly...little...designs...and Hearts... in the paint....with my Handy Dandy...old Butcher Knife...
Then...repainted...the back of the glass...with color...so the design...would stand out...
{Nothing...that a razor blade...couldn't fix...should it become...and Old Clock again...}
It looks..pretty Gnarly...and... has a lot...of Whimsy!
Can't wait...to Gather...the Perfect...little Fragments...to Fill It!
{an...artificial...Heart...until..maybe...an Old Movement...is Found....}
The Morning...has been spent...on on the phone...
So Much...coming down the Pipeline!!!
Oh My!!!
I suppose...many will think...what I did..was wrong.. as...I thought...putting a quartz movement in...was wrong...{I shouldn't be so hard on Folks...they...put the old clock...to their best use...as...am I....{just wish...they would have saved the original...movement...}
For...now...I'll get some Fun...use out of it...
and...for Today...
It Is...What It Is...
: )
Love to Ya!
Barb C.
{Please...keep Pegadoo...in Your Prayers! Her Check Up is Today! }
  
 

2 comments:

cindy nutt said...

Thanks for the Peggy update---Keep us posted! She has become family to all of us thru your blog!!
Regarding the clock--It is what it is and it's just on a new part of it's journey!

Simply Iowa said...

Peg...IS GREAT!!!
What an AMAZING GIFT...
It's the Prayers...and...The Journey...
Love to ya...Cindy...
Our...Simply Iowa... 'Sister'...: )
Barb C.