Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gettin' 'er Done....my...way....

I worked...and worked... around the House... today...
So...many projects... that have been put on the Back Burner... for...years...
I scrubbed...and painted the Columns ....
Put...the rest of the applied...pieces... up... and painted...them...
(it's only taken me 12 years...to get that done...}
Waxed the Stairs...
Did...Loads...of Laundry...Rugs...and Bedding...
Then...tore into the Porch...
That...was Ugly...
It's become... such a Dumping Ground...
a path...to get in...and out of...
After The Sales... I would have stuff...just thrown in there...
all sorts...of stuff...
Good...Stuff...
I began...sorting... some of Mom's stuff...night before last... that had been in the garage...then...piled in the Porch... when Peg and I cleaned the garage...
oh my...
I was stopped..in my tracks...tho...
I ran across... the Sympathy Cards... from when Dad...passed away...
I dropped everything...and went through...each of them...
One of them... had the article from the Newspaper... about the Fire... he was in...
and tho... I don't remember talking to a reporter...
{I guess I did... I was quoted...throughout...the article...}
That...was Tough... reading...
Even...at 23... I was...very...Protective...of my Dad...
That.... was very Apparent....as I read the Article... 
I was Sooooo Grief Stricken...
I can't believe... I had... my thoughts...Any Thoughts...together....
{I Truly...thought...It was...the End...of The World...my...World...}
So...when the Little Crucifix.... was Glowing...yesterday...
and...I was so...Taken Back... by The Angels... with a Thousand Watt Bulb...
They knew... my heart...needed a Ray...of Sunshine...
It was a Hard... Night... 
I got...Much done... today...
and...it's looking... better....
Have the Turkey....thawing...
I'll be Baking...tomorrow...
Tonight...
I'm sippin' a Cool....Refreshing Beverage...
and Smokin'...a Stogie...
{Dad...would..Not...approve...
but... he'd Love Me... anyway... : ) }
Hope...You...had a Most...Lovely Day...
and...Did it...'Your Way'...
Just like...me...
and...My Dad...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
 
   
 
Dad...and his Old Tractors... They looked...pretty...decrepit...to the writer...I am sure... but...Dad...could make...anything run... with a little rusty wire...some... gasoline... {and...a Good...Used... Battery...: )}... Men...like the author... of the article... had no...idea... what a Gem... he was attempting...to portray...{and...never... ever could...} oh my...sure...wish... I could...have written...Dad's Story...it...would have been Worthy... of The Man...
But then... I knew him... and...Loved him...so....
{for the record... Dad and I were driving posts... for a fence... for his Garden...just before he died... with hand... post drivers... side...by side... I was pregnant...with Liz...He...was nearly...74 years old... and... that Old Tractor... was running...Grrrreat... nope...it wasn't Beautiful... but...in Dad's...eyes... it was... and...that's...all that mattered...}
 
I can See...The Entire Cupboard!!!! {This one...is one of my Very Favorites!} It's been in the porch...for a Long Time... I haven't cleaned things... there...but have sorted...and organized... There is going to be some Great Stuff...on The Memorial Day Weekend Sale... in May...I'm letting go of.... oh...my... : )
I finally got all the applied pieces...up...{I've had them...for 12 years...waiting...} I painted...and scrubbed... oh my... a Long.. Day!

No comments: