Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Angels....

If...you have ever had a doubt.... that Angels... are Living... among us...
I so....wish...you could have been with me today...
There would be No Doubt...left...in your mind...
This is my Dr.
How it came to be...that He...
{out of the Hundreds...who could have been called...}
was called in...to visit with me...and Mom...
well...
That...was a 'God'...Thing...
Dr. Cearlock...has been my Physician...for 27 years...
I Adore... Him...
{He reminds me...of Abe Lincoln...
 {It's all...in his eyes... he has... the Most...Soulful...Caring...Eyes....
I do...believe...the Eyes...are a Window...to the Soul...}
He has been such a Gift...to me...and my Family...
He's not Mom's Dr. and, they had never met...until...today...
Along with his Practice... he donates his time...to The 'Free Clinic'...and Hospice...
and...Always...has Students... with him...Teaching...them...
an...Angel...
I asked him...if I could take a picture...of him...with Mom...
He said.."Sure!"...
{When he first...came in the room...he dropped down...on his knee...to be next to Mom...
Close...to her...
and...spoke...directly...to her....}
It...was So... Respectful....
I then... took these three images......
{I had to post them all...they tell...a Lovely...'Story'... : ) }
{he was telling her to Smile...and be Beautiful...for the Picture...
but...look at his hand...
 He'd never met Mom...before... but...he put his arm around her... and was so...Caring...}
an...Angel...
We visited...for close to an hour... about Mom's Wishes...and her...health issues...
He...like myself... knew... Mom...is not a Hospice Patient...
She...said... She's Up...for a Fight!
and...Not...Ready to Throw in The Towel...
She Loves Life...
{tho...she doesn't want to be kept alive...by a feeding tube... or...a ventilator...or...have CPR...performed...on her frail...body...
but...she wants to Live! {I'm with her...on all of that... I don't want any of that...either...}
She wants to Sing Songs...and let the Lord...decide...when it's her 'Time'...to move on....
He, and his Wonderful Staff... opened the door... to so many Options...
and... just having him there...
Was a Gift...
 a Priceless... Gift...
It felt like... The World..was lifted off of my Shoulders...
yes...Like an Angel...would do...
I told him...how very Much...I Love Him... and what a Gift...he is...to us...
and...to so very many....
a... Priceless...Gift...
God...Bless Him....
Thank You...God... for Sending Him...to us...all...
A Living... Angel... : )
Love to Ya...
Barb C.
{ Thank God...for Hospice... they do...Most Wonderful Things...for Folks... who...are ready...
Mom...is not...ready....
We talked about that...too...
 There will...be a Day... when... she is...when...we all are...
 and...Hospice... I hope...will be there...to help...us....
{Ya know... I...felt Dad...in the Room...with us...today...
as we were waiting...for the Dr.
{of course...I didn't mention it...to Mom...}
but...He was there...I could almost...see him...standing...right behind her...
 I think... he'd sure like to see her... and hold her...in his Arms.....again...
 but...
Mom...isn't ready... I just...know that...in my Heart...
 There must...be  more... for her to do... here...
and...Dad... was the Most...Patient Man... I ever knew...
He'll be glad...to wait...a bit longer...
I'm sure Happy...to Know...he'll be waiting...right there...for her...when...she is...ready...
I Truly...am... : )
{another...'Blessing'... of ...Today...}
 
Oh...My... : )

5 comments:

Betty G said...

Angels are among us, and some of them have advanced degrees! He's a jewel! (((HUGS))) Luv~Betty

Simply Iowa said...

Betty...He Sure...Is!
and...yes... There Are...Angels Among Us...
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Anonymous said...

Barb,I know others have told you, but I feel it's worth repeating over and over and over--you are an amazing, wonderful, and treasure to each of us blessed to know you and call you friend. It is so easy to see where your heart of gold comes from by looking at these pictures today of your mother. See you this weekend. cindy nutt

Simply Iowa said...

Awwww...Cindy Girl...
You Always...bring tears...to my eyes... : )
And... You...are Way...to Kind....
{I'm sure a few Nurses...Doctors... and staff...at Mom's Care Center... don't share... the same thoughts... you have of me... I can be a bit of a Pistol... when it comes...to Mama... {oh dear...} I had to laugh... when I was drilling them...about Mom's Meds...and all of her treatments.... After they exited the room... Mom said..."Gee...You're Pretty Smart....I never would have thought you would have known enough... to ask all of those questions!" oh my... That's a Huge...Compliment...coming from...my Mom.. : )
I said..."What the Heck!!! My Mama didn't Raise No Fools!!!"... : ) She liked that!
Cindy... You...are also a Blessing...to So...Many... I hope.. You...know...How Very Much...You are Loved....
Thanks...again...for the Kind Words... They mean more... than you may ever know...
Love ya... Look forward to seeing you...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Oops...I meant...Way..TOO... Kind...
Yep...That's what you are... : )
{spelling... oh my... }