Tuesday, July 31, 2012

You...say.."Tomatoes"... I say..."YUM!!!"

Pure...and...Simple...
Heaven...
You are looking at about...60 pounds...of...
Ecstasy!
When John came home...with Bushels...
Of These Amazing...Beauties...
I got busy... making...Cucumber Salad...
3 Gallons of it!
{It has Cucumbers...Tomatoes...Peppers... Onions...Garlic. ....{I make a sauce with Brown Sugar.. Water, Vinegar, Coarse Ground Sea Salt, Coarse Ground Pepper, Garlic Powder, Grated Orange Peel, and Dill...all heated to a simmer...on the stove...in a cast iron kettle...then cooled...and poured over the Chunk Cut... Veggies.. I let it sit...for a couple of hours...at room temperature...then put them...in a container...with a tight lid...for a couple of days...in the Fridge... : ) }
The Kids...will get a Bunch...of the Fresh...Sweet...and Tangy...Darlings...then... I'll Freeze...what we don't eat...right away!!!
{Trust me...not many will go in the Freezer! I could LIVE on Tomatoes and Onions!!!}
I always try and make Cucumber Salad...like Mom's... but...I never seem to get it right...
It's Good...but...Not as GOOD...as Hers...
{like her Fried Chicken... No One... can make Fried Chicken...like Mom! : ) }
Dear Lord...Thank You...For This Bountiful Harvest!!!!!
{there is another 20 pounds...or so... I need to wash up! YAY!!!!!}

2 comments:

Betty G said...

That sounds so good! I have been harvesting cherry tomatos, romas and window box ones. One type are golden and they are wonderful! I am glad to know that you love them too. You're a gal after my own heart! My love to you~Betty :)

Simply Iowa said...

Betty...
The Best Perks... of Summer...Are Tomatoes...and Sweet Corn!
Holy Smokes!
I think...Betty...we have...much...in common... : )
Love to ya....
Barb C.