Friday, July 6, 2012

Images... of Mt.Vernon Gatherings......before...set up...

Oh...Dear...Had to buy this... "Forbidden Fruit"...bottle... : )
Well....once again...I Simply..couldn't help myself... {glad Peg wasn't with...oh dear} More...Vintage Christmas!!! I didn't have any Big Glass Beaded Garland...like These...tho...: ) and...The Alice's Adventures...in Wonderland...well...HAD...to have That!
I found the Vintage Jewelry...at Sue's Yard Sale...on Hi way 1, 3 miles South..of Mt.Vernon... Love the Czech Necklace...it's from the 30's...I would guess... I wore it...during the Show.... The Locket...is Awesome...inscribed...1861, with an image..from that period....and a name...I can't make out...I would imagine...it was a memento... for a Soldier...in the Civil War....Love It! and...The Strawberry... oh my... what a Sweet Heart!
Home Made...Scottish Shortbread... Oh My Gosh... I bought 4 pieces.. two...for my lunch...and two...just...because...: )
The Butter...Flavor... in this Shortbread.... is Incredible... oh my...Ann Booth...has created this...for many years...and sells it, at First Brick... in Mt.Vernon... oh my... I Love all of it...{she has many flavors...but...the Lavender... and Pecan...are my Favorites...} holy..smokes....
This is the Darling Entrance to First Brick... I Love Shopping there...Ann has an Art Gallery...on the Main Floor...with her Shortbread Area... just off...the Gallery.... and Wonderful...Early Antiques...on the Second Floor.... My Friends...John W., Chery T., and Miriam ... Have Most...Amazing Treasures...There... One of my Very Favorite Stops!!! {There are New Dealers...I see...as well... Love their treasures...too!!! A Fun Mix!}
My Friend...Jerry..was setting up some Awesome Treasures...in his yard... across...from First Brick! I actually...found myself digging through his trash bags... and insisted on buying some Gnarly Treasures....from them...{Jerry wanted to give them to me....and we fought hard...I won...{always do...: ) } You know...you are in the presence of a Great Antique Dealer....when even their garbage...is AWESOME!!!}
I had a few pieces of concrete on the Ford... when I arrived in Mt.Vernon..before set up.... so...kept rackin'...and stackin'....Got two...amazing mid 1800's chairs....{that sold...during the show...} from Carolyn W., at The School House...{Love Her!!!} That School House....has Grown! So Many...Great New Businesses!!! Wow... Be sure and go through them...when you visit Mt.Vernon!
Love the Old....Tapered Legged Table...I got from Polly...at Polly Ann's... and the Massive Urns! {Thanks... Bob...and Robbie... for Carting them..to me...Whew! Such Sweet Hearts!!!}
Bought this Awesome...Concrete Table...and Single Concrete Chair... before the Show... Couldn't get it to our booth...{Dang!}...It wasn't for sale... saw it sitting... Maralee...{From The School House} did some checking for me...and I bought it over the phone! Love It!!! {the Guys...who helped me load it...ahhh..not so much...} ; ) {Thank Goodness...it's in three pieces...when they looked at the table... the first thing they asked..."Does it come apart???"... when I said yes....they sighed...Big!!! it still took three of us...to load the top...and base... wowza! {sure am LOVING THOSE AIR SHOCKS!!!!}
Got some Funky Metal Lawn Chairs...and an Early Pine...Church Pew...from Alice...at Alice's Wonderland!!! I Love...her Store.... So Cool!!!

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

You're so lucky to have such great resources in your neighborhood. Great finds!!!!! Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Yes...Jan...We are Blessed...{maybe...a bit..'Spoiled'...} It wasn't until...I started shopping other parts of the Country...several years ago...that I realized...Antiques...aren't as Plentiful... Everywhere...as they are Here....: (
Love to Ya...
Barb C.