Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Trip...with Sally....

Got The Trunk...Packed Tight!
I need to pack ratchet straps...in Old Sally.... The seat belts...worked pretty well....tho! {and...Thanks...to Justin...who fixed Sally's Quarter Panel! Great Job! She had a Big...dent...when I bought her...Good as New!!!}
I was very pleased with Sally...she got nearly 30 mpg...and we cruised right along!
I took the back roads...to Illinois... Love all of the Little Towns...
Bought a Modern...Dress Form... She rode Shotgun...and had a Lovely view...of the Mighty Miss!
Picked up another...early 1900's wooden Bird Cage.... Like 'em!
I had sold...the cool old Shadow Box...that was attached to the entrance door....so...I thought this...Gnarly...Old Clock Shelf...with a Drawer...would be a perfect replacement! It Is!
Love...Love...Love...This Old Wooden Bowl... It has a tiny tin patch...I always...wonder...anymore...if these are imported...I Loved this one...enough...I really don't care... I could easily keep it...myself... {love the wire scoop...I always pick these up...when I find 'em!}
There is...Something....about.... Old Hand Turned Stoneware... this old Darling has a few chips...and even...a tiny hole...in it's side.... but...I couldn't leave it behind...it is so Old... {mid to late 1800's...} and...wasn't a million dollars... so...it made it's way home...with the rest of the Old Gnarly Treasures...gathered...and packed...into Old Sal...
This is a Modern...Wire Dress Form....{10 to 15 years old...I would guess...} She's covered in lights... I had to have her....She's Just a Fun...Girl!
From what I was told..This is...Very Old...{ I have never seen one...The Clerk told me... there were two others that had just sold...to another dealer...one with the original...old...old..lable......} I think it's Way Cool! It holds a candle... Sweeeet!
{in a Gnarly...Grungy...sort of way!}
I bought several Old Letters....from the 1820's to the 1870's.... Love 'em!
Stopped at Jumer's Castle Lodge....{my Happy Place...in Iowa... : ) } on my way home...for supper...
It's...such a Treat...it truly is...
I always sit...in a Big...Tufted Highback Chair...in the Lower Dining Room......and have this...Beautiful Cupboard...as my Guest.... Love It!
The Food...is Incredible... and no more expensive...than any chain...But...Look at what you get! A Beautiful Atmosphere....Excellent Service.... Amazing...Food....{I took half home...for John...} The Garlic Mashed Potatoes...are Over The Top! The Chocolate Seduction Cake...will Blow Your Mind...{I ate Every Bite...of That! So Sorry...John...but those are the perks...for Being There!!!} They have Lovely....Music....it's....Wonderful!
And...as you  see...You Must Be Properly Dressed.... {oh my...just as it is...at Michael's...in Rochester....it doesn't matter...how you are dressed...{if you think these old jeans look ruff.... you should have seen my HAIR!....I looked  like the Red Headed Witch of the West!!!! Holy Smokes!} and yet...they wouldn't have treated me any better...had I been wearing an Evening Gown... I Love this place....
As I jumped in Sally...for the trip home... I heard something....something....very strange.... it was Locusts....or...Cicadas....I couldn't believe my ears.... That's a sign.....a sign....Six weeks...'til Frost.... I called my Southern Iowa Farmer Friends....Lynn and Lea.... To my surprise...they also heard them...yesterday....This Is June!!!! They don't start singing 'til August!!! Scary....
It was a Lovely Day....Found some Fun Stuff....Saw...some Beautiful.....Countryside... I'm So Glad...That Coin said...Go! Go! Go!
Hope You had a Lovely Day...as Well!
Barb C.

No comments: