Tuesday, June 5, 2012

'The Little Collector.'.. oh my...

As I gazed...upon the Mountain...of a Cupboard... {The Witwer Dairy Farm Cupboard... 7 and a half feet tall...and 8 feet wide...} Completely...Full...{and...then some...} of my most Precious...Treasures... {The Old Cupboards...in the house...are like my "Treasure Chests"....} Filled with gifts...from my dearest friends...my most...Soulful...Gatherings....
There is everything...from Bird's Nests...hair clippings...old photos...Gnarly Christmas... to a Dachshund Dog figure... {my Late, Best Friend, Jeri's.... } to letters...from my Loved ones...past, and present....Broken, and repaired...Staffordshire.... The Kid's Art Projects... Sister, Chery's...Memorials....
oh my....
and this...Tiny...Little Book...that says it all...
I am...
The Little Collector....
All of the the Shelves...are Loaded Heavy...in Chaos....
Peg, Amy and I are sharing lunch...today...then..I'm getting on this Old Cupboard....
Sorting... and resetting...
I'll be packing...a few things...I suppose... and selling...a few...as well...{none of the gifts....I Never...sell a gift...}
But...I have a stack of platters...that need a place to rest... and this Old Cupboard...is Perfect....for them...
This is where I get into trouble...cleaning...I reminisce... as I go... and it takes me a long...time....
There is a 'story'...with each and every piece...
or..it wouldn't be in the Old Cupboard....
Hope you have a Most...Amazing Day!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.


No comments: