Friday, June 8, 2012

It Is...What It Is... D O N E...

This image is darker...than The Cupboard is....This is a Two Piece...Southern Iowa Cupboard... Late 1860's...Early '70s...All Square Nailed... and...AMAZING!!!!
Before...someone had started scraping on it...before I bought it.... 
This...Old Darling...had me...nearly...to the End...of my Rope.....the last few days....When one...scrapes a cupboard....you Never Know...how it will turn out...Oh My.... It has been a JOURNEY!!!!!
 It's On Hold....For Three People...{It was sold...but...I had to get the surface right...and...that...has been a NIGHTMARE!!!!...} If all three pass......I'll have it for sale...for one month...at the end of the month...I don't CARE!!!! It's SOLD to ME!!! I LOVE IT!!! I have Had My Nerves....Stretched to Their Limit!!! {as has...everyone I have been in contact with... : ) } and I have Shed...A Lot...Of Sweat and Blood....with it's Base... oh...my... It's going in MY HOUSE....
and there...it will STAY!!!! : )
ENOUGH!!!!
Love...to ya...
Barb C. 

2 comments:

house things said...

Oh...My...God. It is AMAZING!!!

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks...Brandon...
It Looks....WAY Better in Person...
Last night...I was ready to light a match...
The Old Cupboard...and I Locked Horns.... and...I saw no way of making it all match...without resurfacing the entire piece...
but...today... after getting Peg's news... I think...I could unwind...{I have been wound...tight... to say the very... least... {my hands...were shaking...last night...when we slid it back into John's shop...Ug...ly...}
I was Sooooo Frustrated....
but...Now...the Old Cupboard...and I...have Bonded....and...I would be Very...happy..to place it...in the House... : )
but...I'm pretty sure...it won't get to stay... : (
Love...to Ya...Sweet Pea...