Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Hot...Afternoon...Down the Rabbit Hole...


I spent...the Hot Morning....Tending to Critters...and Plants...I don't know...how Hot...it got....don't want to know....I do know...I felt like I was in a Sauna...while Grooming Old Scout...around 10:00 this morn...we were both dripping wet....
When I got Chores done... I worked inside the Shop... and took a few images...
It really wasn't too bad...Down the Rabbit Hole...
I keep the lights...low...and doors...shut...
It was actually...pretty relaxing....
I didn't have a Soul...through....
{I have Smart Customers...}
But...Throughly...Enjoyed....a little...Alone Time...
I'll be Open...tomorrow...
9:00 'til 1:00
It's gonna be...another...
Hot....Afternoon...
Love to Ya...
Barb C.
{excuse...any misspellings...spell check...has Quit! must be the Heat!}
This Well Coiffed....Rabbit...Sporting a Tuxedo...is a Keeper...{more coming in...} Donita...{his Creator}...said this verse...made her think of me....and hand painted it on....his Serving Tray....hmmmm...
He is.... The Rabbit Hole...Door Greeter....
Went down to visit Scout...this morn...carrying this...Wonderful Iced Coffee...{kept refilling...throughout the Hot Morning...}{I curried...and curried him...he was covered in sweat...by 10:00...I wiped him down...with...good fly spray...{flies are visious...when it's hot....and dry...they draw blood...} ran his water...over the tank...for about 10 minutes...and flushed it out...He was...Thankful....
It's....True.... : )
Don't know...if it was the Old Gnarly Chair...hanging from the ceiling....of the Rabbit Hole...or...all of the beads...I gathered...while in New Orleans...{ Bourbon Street Lady...in the Lyrics...}or....Simply...it is... a Hot....Afternoon...that brought this old song...to my mind....I remember Loving it..when it first came out....I was 12.... It will always be...one of my...All Time...Favorites...
I Love songs...that when you listen to them...you can see the story...in your mind...{this one...be it...a bit... risque'...is...a window...of sorts...to the writer's mind...a Great Story...}
I had it dark....in the shop....today...and...it actually...wasn't bad...it was...kind of...Peaceful.......
This Old Lampshade...is a keeper.... seems...fitting...for the shop...It's hard to find....ones...that....just seem...'perfect'....

a Soothing...reminder....
I have a tag....on the 5 foot tall...Angel...in the shop.... "Guardian Angel....Priceless"... A Friend... rescued Her...years ago...from a dumpster...outside of a Church....about 40 miles North...She has found a Safe...Place....Down the Rabbit Hole... Love...Her...
"Simply...to thy Cross...I Cling"....
I have had this...Big Shelf....in the shop...from almost...Day One.... He Greets Folks...as they walk in...High...Up...above a doorway....He....simply....Belongs...here....

No comments: