Monday, June 11, 2012

Back to The Shop!

I'm back to the shop....
Making deliveries....today...and early, Wednesday...
The Shop will be Open....Wednesday...as well....
Through Saturday... 11 - 5...
So Much to get done...
{the Lawn...is a Jungle...}
 Took time off...for the house....
and...everything Slipped...around the Shop....
It's always...somethin'!
{and the house...looks no better...than it did...when I started...}
I have sorted and pulled things...from the house...that are going into the Shop...
Old Books...Scrap Books...Old Dishes.... just all sorts of treasures...I have to turn loose of...
Had a Great Day Yesterday....
Went to My Waaaay Back...Best Buddy's...Daughter's Graduation!
Hadn't seen any of them for years!
{they aren't 'Antiquers'...}
It was Wonderful!
My Pal...Roxie, and I caught up...after all these years...in moments...
We talked about our days...working together...in the Restaurant....
I was a Waitress...Roxie...the Prep Cook...
I spent my last .50 cents...in the world... to buy a newspaper...and once again...plow through the 'Help Wanted' ads....and....got that job...
Boy...was I Thankful!!!
Until...I was being trained... and met...
"The Prep Cook"...
Holy Smokes...
Roxie...was more like a Drill Sergeant... and told all of us girls...in training... "The Kitchen is Mine....Clean Up Your Messes....and...Keep Out of My Way".....
Holy...Smokes....
I was ready to quit... I knew...she and I were going to lock horns.... but...I needed the job...desperately....and had no idea...how I was going to survive...for two weeks...until I got my first paycheck....{we were both, 18...} so...quiting...was Not...an Option...
Roxie...was a lot like me... She moved away from home...at a very young age... worked two, and  sometimes...three jobs...to support herself....
As we got to know one another...we became Friends.... Best...Friends....
She was telling Katie, {her Beautiful Graduate! } How I drove her Crazy!
She would make the Most Beautiful Cream Pies.... and " Barb...would have to have the biggest...most Beautiful Slice....for her customer...and reach clear to the back...of the cooler...and screw up two, to get to the Best One!!!"....
I rolled my eyes...and smiled... " Maybe....once...: )...or...twice....: ) "
{I know she loved me....if any other server would have done that...Roxie would have cut 'em off at the Knees!}
I was her Maid of Honor....when she got Married...Sang at her Wedding....
and...sadly...helped her move...when she divorced....
Roxie was with me...when I had Liz...I with her...when she had Katie...
We have battled our weight....together... and both have clothes in our closets...
 sized...from 7...to 20....
oh dear...
Then...somehow...we drifted...apart...I got so busy...with the Antiques...and Roxie...her work...and Family...
But...I have always known...if..I ever needed anything...or she...We were just one phone call away...
I have been so Saturated...with 'Antiques'...for so long... it felt good...to be around Folks...who didn't know beans...about them....
It was all about Kids... and Family.... Life....
It was a Good...Day...
Roxie and I...are gonna have Many More....
Soon...
Love...to Ya...
Barb C.



No comments: