Monday, May 7, 2012

Off to do a Presentation....For the Love...of Old...

I was invited to speak, at a PEO Meeting...today at noon....
How Exciting....!
I have done presentations, in the past...and I so enjoy sharing...
My Love...of Old....
I struggled for years...putting my Passion... into words...and exactly.... what...and why... I love... what I do ....
Eclectic?
Hmmm...not exactly....
Then...several years ago, Barb H. { www.sistersgardeniowa.blogspot.com }
gave me this Amazing Book....for Christmas...
She said...it was totally ME!
She was so right! { Love Her! it's So Her...Too!}
I knew it when I saw the cover...
"For the Love of Old"
"Living with Chipped, Frayed, Tarnished, Faded, Tattered, Worn and Weathered Things
That Bring Comfort, Character, and Joy
to the Places We Call Home."
Written by Mary Randolph Carter
I had defended my Love...of Old..in the Antique World..for Many Years....
Seems...Perfection...was what everyone was striving for...
If...it is chipped... cracked...or stained.... it was worthless...
To me....it was all about The Journey....
 the Soulfulness....not...about the monetary value...
so...I was known...as The Junk Dealer..in Fairfax....
and...having a Woman...like Mary Randolph Carter... author it...
{Pollo- Ralph Lauren}
made my heart swell...
I had an Ally... an Amazing...Ally...
I had shared a conversation with her...several years ago...Thanking her...for being my Suit of Armor....
I told her...she had no idea...how very much.... she, and the Book...meant to me...
She was delighted....
Since then...things..have softened a bit...
When Libby Kramer { Heart of Country Nashville, Tennessee} Was open, 12 years ago...to allow...our.."Diversity" into the Most Prestigious Antique Show...in the Country...
That...also... made life a bit easier....
I have to move...
I have nothing ready...to go...
and...thankfully...I always speak...straight from the Heart...so....no long notes to prepare...
I just need to slick up... {not a Flannel Shirt Event...}
Then...walk through...and gather... my Most Favorite....
Chipped...Faded...Mossy... Worn....Mended...Most...Soulful Treasures.... and Let Them...do the Talkin' for me!
They Speak...Volumes... when they say...Nothing...at All....
Hope you have an Amazing....Day!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

2 comments:

Betty G said...

OH how I wish I could have been there to see you! I am sure they all loved you. How could they not? My love to you~Betty :)

Simply Iowa said...

Well....
I am... a Tad....Bit...
CRAZY!!!!
{but...as Alice said... "All the Best People Are! : ) }
and...if you are listening...to my music....selection...for Jethro today.... ahhh....well...
Thanks...Betty...I would so like to meet ya... someday...
Hopefully...on one of my...more..."Sane"...days....
They are...however...Far...and Few...Between!
Love...to Ya!
Barb C.