Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm so Lonesome...I could Cry....

I noticed... today...something...hanging...just outside...the Birdhouse...Peg had made me...so many years ago... Sparrows...had nested there....to start a family...before I left for Gold Rush....
It was the Mama...They had built a nest... with string...and she had gotten...caught in it....and had died....
My Heart...was broken....
I had John cut her down....
and I buried her...
The Male...sat on the bird house...all day...calling for her...
It broke my heart...
I took this image...as Polly and I walked to the Rabbit Hole....
I watched throughout the day...Other Sparrows....attempted to console him...but.....he wouldn't leave the House...kept peeking inside.....and calling for her...
I climbed up...on a ladder...to see if there were Babies....
I didn't see any....
I would have traded....Everything....over the weekend...to have been here....and save her....
a Heart Break....
{ I heard...his cry...over all of the other birds....today...and that's what drew me to this house....Somehow...it was different.... I knew...something was wrong....I had to get close...to see her.... I wanted to...weep...and did...a...Heart Break...}
There are those...who will say..."It's Just a Sparrow"....
yes...and we... are just...humans...
and...I know Heart Break...
and...so does...a Sparrow... 

4 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

You are very tender hearted. This is a weird thing - for the bird to get caught in the string. Life is so fragile. . .

How is your foot?

Betsy's Basket Blog said...

Oh such a sad story and I hear your pain. Like you I would have wanted to be home to set her free. May you find peace in the birth of spring ...

Simply Iowa said...

Yes...Sue...Life...is Fragile...
And...we are all more alike...than we want to admit...
All God's Creatures...have feelings...
Maybe...that's why I love Animals...so... They are pure...of heart...
Humans...could learn...a lot... from the Gifts...God has put before us... our Animal Kingdom....
My Heart Broke...for the Little Sparrow... that was left behind...
and...my foot...well... it's still swollen... and hurts...but..I'm home...and no shoes required here...
Love to Ya...
Sweet Sue...
: )

Simply Iowa said...

Yes...Betsy...
Tho...some may not believe me...
but...it's true...
If....I was given the chance...to trade...my weekend... for the Little Sparrows...life...
I would have been very...content... down the rabbit hole... and hearing...another little voice... in the trees...
Love...to ya...
Barb C.