Monday, May 14, 2012

I Ain't Gonna Let 'em Catch 'The Midnight Rider'!!!!

I Bought... and Sold... well... at Gold Rush...
Had little to bring home....
but then...a Nice Lady...approached me.... during the show.... that had several...barns full...and a Farm House... deep in Wisconsin... and...asked if I would be interested...in taking a peek...
Hmmm...
Well... I was alone.... and my time is going to be TIGHT...with The Memorial Day Weekend Sale....just around the bend... and...I was half way there...in Minnesota...
so...
I Packed...Racked and Stacked The FUSO... FAST...
as I was half loaded...two men asked if I need a porter...
You Bet Ya!
I was on the road by around 5...
and headed East... across the Mighty Miss... and into God's Country!!!
Holy Smokes...
I parked the FUSO... at her Farm...and rode with her...to several buildings full...of Amazing things...
but....as we were riding...she shared something with me...
{she said..." I don't know why I'm going to tell you this"...{we had really...just met...} {a personal matter}...and I basically... finished her sentence...
I knew... somehow... exactly...what was going on...
She was stunned...
me...not so much...
The Barn's Full... wasn't the reason...I was called on this Mid Night...Run...
but...once we figured that out...
Back To The Barn's...FULL!!!!
We shuttled my Truck Loads of Purchases...to the Farm...where the FUSO was parked... So Much for the Old FUSO...Breathing Easy...Coming Home! Holy Smokes...We Racked..and Stacked...and..I have to Go Back!!!! {maybe...many...times...}
It was after 2 a.m. when The FUSO...Henriette Marie...{the Beautiful Bust, seat belted in...riding Shotgun!} and I pulled into Fairfax...
The Angels Carried Us...
I could barely stay awake...
Some of the Mountains...we Climbed...with the Heavy load...on the Old FUSO....oh my...I had 'er Floored....and could only get up to 35....Steep Grades!...and Winding Two Lane... Highways... in The Blackest....of Night...oh my...
The Radio...Blaring...Old Country Music...
The window...up...and down...I needed the fresh air...but...then...froze...
If...I said...I was tired...before...
well...
I gotta tell ya...
I was on my knees...
walking to the house...last night...
but...Look What I Saw...
when I walked in the door....
This...This...
This Lovely Mother's Day Card...was nestled into a Beautiful Flower Basket....with a Happy Mother's Day Balloon...from Justin, Katie...and Justin 'J'...
Priceless....
Made my Day!
{Just talked with Liz...Miss Scarlett is Much Better... Thank God... I was worried...Sick!}

6 comments:

Amy N said...

you always end up with the best treasures and stories from your trips.....like the delivery on your way home from heart last year.
Looking forward the memorial day sale!!! Still going to find you this week. Will give you a few days to unload and re-coop
Luv Ya!!

Simply Iowa said...

Oh...Amy Girl...It's Those "God Winks"....we know soooo well.... and oh my....The Journey...the Long...Twisty...Dark...Path...That Only Faith...can pull you through...
I was truly...in the Arms of the Angels....
Oh...My...
Looking Forward to Our Visit...
and...Oh Boy...there is going to be some AMAZING Treasures...here....at The Memorial Day Weekend Sale!
Yowza!!!!
Love...to Ya!
{I'm saving Everything Back...'til Then! and...no Early Sales... I hate that...but...it worked so well... in April...I got Sooooo Much Done...and without My Peg...I won't have a Moment...to dilly dally!}

Amy N said...

The aniticipation builds!!! I'm hoping to bring some things over for the memorial day sale - helping another neighbor who is working thru years and years of family things. Will keep you posted. Give ya a call later in the week

house things said...

Wow Barb, your life really is a journey. My heart is all a flutter (especially now) for the Memorial weekend sale!!! It's gonna be GOOD!!!

Simply Iowa said...

Amy...I am looking forward...to seeing the treasures you bring....but...mostly...you...
Love to Ya..
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Brandon...
It's going to be an Amazing Sale...
I always...worry and stew...that I won't have anything... then... the Angels... put forth Blessings....to make it happen...
I'm always...in awe...
I Look Forward...to seeing.you...
My Sweet...Friend...
Love...to You...
Barb C.