Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I ain't askin' nobody for nothin'....if I can't get it...on my own....

I learned something...today...
A valuable... lesson....
Sometimes.... The More you give... the more people expect...
I had run my butt off...this morn....{Mom's business... bills...ect...} then knew...I had to unload the Huge Pass Through Cupboard...for Gold Rush....and...get another...heavy Dawg...out of the back green house....{it took 3 of us...to get in...} and...remove the back of the green house...in order to get the Pass Through inside.... {it's 36 inches deep...5 feet wide.... and...Big...All Over...}
Eyes watched me struggle....but never offered to help....
in fact...they went out of their way...to avoid helping...
Ya know...I do...an awful lot....for those...eyes...and pay them...very well...
Those days...are over....
I moved everything...by myself....
and...I'll never ask...for their help...again...
and... they...can do the same... I'll help them....just...as they helped me...today....
I ain't askin' nobody...for nothin'...if I can't get it on my own...
and...I can...get it...on my own....
and...did...
This is the Massive Top...for the Pass Through...
I slid it out of the FUSO... and carted it...on a 2 wheeled Dolley... then...Woman Handled...it....
The base...was tricky... I had to wheel it down... then find something as tall as a steel post....in the doorway...{24 inches....or so....the post would have gashed the top of the cupboard...without it...} I found a little table... threw a rug over it...flipped the Massive Base...on it's top...and slid it through..the tight doorway....I prayed the little table...could hold the weight...{at least...300 pounds... } it did...until the very end...then...the poor little legs...let go....but thankfully...held long enough....to get the cupboard...inside....Bless it's little Heart...}
I'm angry... and hurt...
but...mostly....done...
I break...my back...to keep Everyone.... alive....
I'm done...
Love to Ya...
Barb C.
They can leave...this long haired...country girl...alone.....
{ I will have to admit...I asked the Lord...for Help...with this One.... I Prayed...before I tackled It... I have seen Big Men...Buckle... and Bow...to This Dawg... But... The Angels...and I... we... made it happen...so...I do ask...Someone...for Somethings...and...He Never...Lets Me Down! The Load...was Light...and Swift...}

5 comments:

Heart Vintage Design said...

That was one big piece. Glad you got it moved okay.

summersundays-jw said...

My motto is "you do what you have to do until you don't have to do it anymore". You go girl!

Simply Iowa said...

When I woke up...this morn... I wondered... am I going to be able to move??? {I did a lot of body slammin' with the cupboard that was in the greenhouse...} but... I am fine.... Those Angels.... are Great...when ya ask 'em for a little HELP!!!
Love to Ya!

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Jan...
I gotta tell ya...
I was pretty sad...yesterday...
These Boys...would help a Stranger... they are Good Boys...
The problem is me... and my junk...
That's how they concider it... and want no part of it... {Even tho...I pay them.... a dollar a minute... to help... never less than 15. each...to help move a big piece...} That's more...than I have ever made...in my life... I pay them more...than any of my Porters... in Nashville... What they don't understand.. is this old junk...and that tiny shop...carries the entire load...here... This morning... I'm going to have a chat with them... they can start helping out....with that load....and... I'll keep... keepin' on...with the Help..of the Angels... Love to Ya...Jan...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

And...Jan...
I don't ask them...very often... maybe...once a week...at best... and..for a few pieces... that I have ready for them to grab...and go... I know... they don't like messing with this stuff... so I make it as easy on 'em...as I can...
but...no worries...
They won't have to worry about it...again...
Bless Their Hearts!
Love to ya!