Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gathering for What Cheer!

I scrounged around the Rabbit Hole...last night....thinking about what I am going to take to the Flea Market...had to capture another image of the Gnarly Old Chandelier.... It's not going anywhere... but it always Fascinates me... it truly does...
I'm throwing on this old Bike...and the Calf  Bucket works perfect....for a basket...it has a metal hanger on it....so it can hook on a fence....or....Handlebars!
I Love this arrangement on the door leading into the Rabbit Hole... The 'Confessions 5 - 7  Daily'.... is a Keeper.... I have had it for Years....and...just seems...to belong...
{ I used to have it hanging on a nail...on the door.... until a group of women...driving a Mercedes...came up to me...as I was working in the yard... one with it clenched in her hand...in her other hand...was two dollars... she attempted to shove into my hand.... she said ... "Here...I'm buying this...."...I looked at what she was holding... then...the money.... {the little plaque wasn't then...nor has it ever been priced...or for sale... }  I was in shock....I looked at her...and all I could muster was....
"No...your not.... : ) " she said.. " YES I Am! My friend will Love this!!!".... I gently took it from her hand...and said..."Ahhhh....No...your not..."....walked directly into the Rabbit Hole...Grabbed my Handy Dandy Drill...and SCREWED that Puppy to the Door!!!!
oh my..... the fun...never ends...: )
Some folks say...in an Antique Shop....everything should be for sale.... well... if the Rabbit Hole...wasn't so much a part of who I am... I could do it.... but...it is...
When I have an open house... people refer to the shop...as "Your House"... I think....they think...I Live There.... and... That is correct...
The Rabbit Hole...is where I 'Live'....
After all...where else...would The Mad Hatter...reside?

I picked up the Huge Cupboard... yesterday... it's Lovely...and placed...in the shop..Need It!
It's going to be a permanent fixture...for awhile...
The Queen...will also be staying with me...until her New Home is ready.... so...at least...I have that....
I'm going to pick up windows...and load all sorts of fun dibby dabbies...for What Cheer....
I'm Really Looking forward to it... {my back...not so much....at least with my back aching...my foot doesn't seem to hurt...quite so bad...}I'll be setting up...in the Morn...
I've got some Cool Stuff Going! Loads...of Statuary! {oh boy...! }
{I'm popping Aleve...yes....}
Love..to Ya!
Barb C.

No comments: