Friday, March 23, 2012

A Difficult Day....ahead.....

I So....Love Antiques.... but...lets face it....they have been owned...by those....who are...no longer with us....
they wouldn't be Antiques...if they hadn't lived...a Long...time...
and...out lived...their owners...
but.... tomorrow...
I have to go see some things....that belonged...to a Dear....Friends...Daughter....
She was a Beautiful... Young...Girl...and was killed in a car accident...
I have a million...miles to go...down the Rabbit Hole...
but...I know...I need to make this visit...
for no other reason...but...to touch....these broken Hearts....
I don't like...making these visits....when Folks were Elderly....let alone...a Tragic situation...like this....
My Heart...Aches...
Please....say a Prayer....for Marv....and his Family...
and...for me...
to find...the Perfect....words....
to soothe...his Soul...
Love...to You...
Barb C.
{as...I reread this...I thought...when...have I ever been in such a situation...
This has been working on me...all afternoon...since I received the call...from Marv...
I went back...30 years...
 I was sent...to a home...just up the road...to haul a car away...
I pulled in...with the Hauler... and a Man...was standing...outside...waiting for me....
I winched the wrecked car...on the truck...as he stood there...he...barely spoke....
He asked me...how old I was...I said...nineteen....
and took the binders out...and cinched down the car....
When  I got back....with the totalled car... I realised...why I was sent on the job...
That man...had lost his Daughter...in that car....
She was 19....
No one...wanted to go there...and face the Man...
 I had....no idea....
I'm sure...he was thinking.... I was his Daughter's age....
I was Sick....
Heart Broken...for that Poor...Man....
I'll never...forget that day....}

2 comments:

Betty G said...

Wow. That is so difficult. I am sure though that the sight of you was a comfort and salve to his soul. Sometimes when we lose someone we love, we tend to seek out reminders of them for comfort. And you being there was one of those reminders. God bless you, sweetie, for having such a tender heart to share your stories and life lessons with others. Love to you- Betty!

Simply Iowa said...

It was a Good...Visit...
Marv is Amazing....He now has lost 2 children... One, was his Little Boy....Just a Toddler.... Many Years Ago.... He darted away from them....and ran to the road...in front of their Farm....and a Semi hit him.... they couldn't get to him fast enough....
Oh my....
Marv's Faith...is Amazing.... God Bless Him....
Love, to you...Sweet Betty...
{makes me think...when I have a bad day.... it ain't NOTHING!!!!}