Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ya Know It's COLD...when there is Frost...on the Inside of the Window...

Oh My....! It's -4.... a Bit...Chilly....
It crossed my mind this morn...while looking at the kitchen window... about my 16th Winter... I was working at Target...and going to school...living on my own....and driving an Old 60 something...Chevy ...Dad had bought to junk.... but let me drive it...till it completely died...
The thermostat was stuck....so...it never got warm, in the car....when the Sun was out...it was o.k.....but working nights...not so much... I used rubbing alcohol, on the inside windshield, to attempt to keep a hole open, so I could see... {it doesn't work too great...but... I made it...}It also...had NO Brakes....I used the emergency brake to stop it....{this is the Absolute Truth...I kept plenty of distance...slipped in neutral...and GENTLY engaged it....when I had to} I drove that car for the month of January.... 1979
Some day....I'll write a book... Me and Tom Sawyer...would have been Great Pals...
I have hundreds of miles to cover today....
I sooo Love The Road....
Brakes...Heater...
Optional...
{but...very nice....when it's Cold...and Slippery...}
Have a Most Amazing Wednesday!
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
Why did I drive that car......cause...that's all  I had...and no money to fix it....and...no where to get in, out of the cold...to fix it...if...I had any extra money....I sure am Thankful...to All of the Angels...that have sat beside me....bet they could write a book...too... : )

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

You should definitely write a book......if we could just keep you off the road long enough. Stay warm & safe!!!! Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Jan...I Am Beat...Tonight! Physically... and...Mentally...
Lord...I have Soooo Much...that is Swinging at me....I'm DIZZY! I'll be sharing it all...tomorrow!
Love to ya!
Yep...I will have to write that book...Just...today... would have been a pretty good Chapter!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.