Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We're Baaaaack!


The Girls...{Wanda... "Gatherings"....and Jo....'Jo's Brantiques'...}at Check In....Glad...to be here.... oh my...a Long....Day!

Well...we made it....whew...Only had one little mishap....We strapped a Heavy....Gnarly....Wheelbarrow...on the back of the  truck....then...about 90 miles into the trek....we heard metal....scraping the hiway....we thought the wheelbarrow had dropped....I pulled over....to find the wheelbarrow...safe and sound....but the tailpipe....had dropped...and was dragging by the muffler...I panicked, at first...thought it was the drive shaft....but thankfully...it was just the tailpipe....and ....thank God....for WIRE!!! {or...Wiiiire...as some call it!} I crawled under the truck....and Wanda fed me lengths of wire...it almost....good as new!
Then...we stopped and Antiqued...I found a 4 foot wide German Bowl...Jo and Wanda...used it as a Massive Lap Tray...for a few hundred miles... oh my...{Nooooo Room in the Fuso...box...}
Jo and Wanda said....about 60 miles short of Nashville...how Great the day was....great weather...no problems...{as I heard Jo say this....I winced....just a bit....{she did too....after saying it...}we never say that....or elude to that...something about Murphy's Law....} Then...we came to an ABRUPT STOP!...the road was blocked for miles...it took us an hour to move 4 miles.... We didn't see an accident....but about twenty Patrol Cars.....and Officers on foot with flashlights, searching a timber area...on the Tennessee State Line....oh my...
The Bellman....at The Opryland..climbed clear up on the back of the truck...and twisted through the ratchet straps...to get our luggage down....and piled on the cart...oh my....we are such Travelling Goddess'!
We had a couple Long Island Iced Teas...at the Cascades....after we got settled into our lovely room...{ahhhh...my Happy Place!} and hit the sack....around Midnight...up at 6, this morn....and getting ready to Rock! Oh Boy!
I'm Ready!!!!
Hope ya have a Great Day!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

The Girls....and the Massive Bowl...Their Lap Tray!


 
let the bruises...begin! while getting ready for a show....I get covered in bruises....{and...I don't bruise...easy...} I found this Big Daddy...below my knee...and half way down my shin...UGGGGLY!!!! the girls...even went EEEEWWWW!!!!!

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Good luck! Hope it's a great sale.

Simply Iowa said...

Whew...it's been a Long....Long...Day! But...a Good day... It's all good...Love to Ya Jan!