Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yellow... such a happy color.....

I could have described this old Cupboard's Surface...as Butter Cream... or... Daffodil... or, some other ...embellished, twist of vocabulary.... but...as I stood back...and looked at it, in the shop...I said, to myself... ahhh...Yellow.... such a Happy Color....I need 'Happy'...we all need..'Happy'...and this Color....made me smile...we need smiles...too...
John did a beautiful job, on this Old Beauty.... from the 1870's... We moved the Walnut Wardrobe out, and to it's new home....I ripped the shop up, with that move...and, continued the the carnage, moving the Old Yellow Cupboard in....so....come dig...but, don't expect splendor... just a work in progress... ah, yes...once again..."it is...what it is"...
I will be Open Today...10 - 6, and tomorrow...as well... stop in, if you have a chance...

I was planning a relaxing....Mad Hatter's Open House.... but... once again....I have had the rug pulled from beneath me... I can physically work through, most anything.... but...when it comes to the ones I love..so very much.... yes...they are my weakness... I finally got the results...yesterday morning... for my Mom's mass that was removed from her leg... I had called...and called... was reassured... by the surgeon, it was nothing.... so...I really wasn't worried... guess... I was wrong.... and...so was he...it is cancer...
This...is almost...almost...too much...for the Hatter...Twice...in a little over a month...I have been faced with telling....two of the most Dear Souls... in my life...they have cancer.... I don't want to do this....anymore....
I will be working... today... and visiting Peg...tonight... I haven't told my Mom, yet... we see the surgeon, Monday....I'll figure out a way...before we meet with him...I really can't talk about it...at all...without falling apart...and...I can't fall apart...when I talk to my Mom... I have to have options... and a strategy...just like with my Peg....
Thanks, to Bud, for calling, yesterday...he asked if there is anything he could do, to help me.... I said, he just did...he called...he listened... he is... truly...an Angel....
Please put Mama...in your Prayers... no pain...no pain...she is suffering so, after the surgery.... and, Peg told me, to tell you, every night, when she lays down...she Thanks God...for all of You...and the Prayers...You are sending her way...She Can Feel Them!
Love, to You...
Barb C.
I keep thinking about the song..."What do You Say"..."What do you say, in a moment like this, when you can't find the words, to tell it like it is.... you bite your tongue, and let your heart, lead the way"....Seems...I'm the chosen one, always.... I don't want to do this...anymore....{ I thought, I'd like to hand this job over, to someone else... but, I wouldn't wish this... on anyone....} Liz sent a song to me, this morning...she was thinking about me... one of the lines is..."running 90 miles an hour down a dead end road" in an old pick up truck....
I now understand why...I always  have...

No comments: