Friday, December 9, 2011

It 'Looked' Like Christmas....?

While Liz, Miss Scarlett and I, were shopping, the other day... I spied this Old Oil Painting...{1870's or 80's} it was way up high...on a cupboard...I love Old Floral Paintings....this one had a 'Christmas' feel to it....so...I asked the nice Lady, in charge, if she could get it down, so I could get a better look...I asked the Lady, if she knew what flower it was....she didn't...
It's in Great condition... but the flowers..had me puzzled....Liz was taking the treasures, to the van...and, when she returned, I had decided to pass....on the old painting... but...I had her take a peek at it.... and I asked her, what she thought of it.... she said, "hmmm....I don't know... it's a Cactus....and I'm not crazy about Cactus...."
When she said that... I about fell over... The Lady and I had concentrated, on the flower, itself...and didn't see the rest of it.... OF COURSE... IT'S A CACTUS! OF COURSE... IT 'LOOKED LIKE CHRISTMAS'.... IT'S A CHRISTMAS CACTUS!!!!!!!
Oh my.... I see it so plainly, now...and especially, in this image...
Well....I had to have it...then...I have never seen a Christmas Cactus...in an Oil Painting...whoever did it...must have loved Christmas, as much as I do...
It's for sale... has to be... but... for today...it smiles, in our house.... It measures 29 1/2 by 20 1/2 inches... and it's...Lovely... I'll take it to the shop...this weekend...along with other little gatherings...
Have a Lovely Day...
I'm headed to the Bank, to take Santa's Chair in... Oh Boy! Santa!
Love to Ya...
Barb C.
( as I reread this...it dawned on me...what a lesson this Old Painting has taught me... I tend to focus, on the flower....and not see the thorns... a Sweet Friend, just said the same thing to me.... only, in other words... I do tend to wear 'Rose Colored Glasses'.... thanks...to Liz....for helping me, take them off.... and the Good Lord... for showing me... in such, a lovely way....
Pegadoo, is coming today...just home from Mayo...she wants me to see her 'Moon Face'... oh dear...steroids..... they can be a life saver...but they can be a Mess! I can't wait to see her....and pick on Michael!}
Keep Smiling!

No comments: