Sunday, November 6, 2011

Yesterday's Gatherings... OPEN TODAY 12 - 4 !

Love...Love...Love...these 1800's Cast Iron Card Holders, from Church Pews... !
Gnarly Pin Cushion...{one, can Never have too many 'Gnarly Pin Cusions'! The Tool... oh my...I have no idea what it's for...no one did... it's dated 1882...and is a Fancy Thing! and....A Late 1800's Square Tea Pot.... oh my...I thought of Peg, when I saw it... Perfect for the March Hare, to serve The Mad Hatter, a Spot of Tea...in Wonderland! I have never seen one, quite like this...Very.....Very....Fun!
Simply....Beautiful..... Oh My...The first thing my eyes fell upon, in the 'Shoppe on the Corner', in Waterloo... I nearly dropped... It's mid 1800's... still has it's matching bowl... and...in Bleeding Heart, pattern....it's not perfect...{like the proud owner} but...it truly took my breath.... It will be Lovely...with a tree in it, for Christmas....and priced, affordibly....
Treasures...on the Table...
Love the Turn of the Century, Cameo Locket.... there is just....'something'...about a Cameo....So Feminine...yet...there is a 'Strength', about them, as well.... I have always loved them, since I was a small child, and my Mother wore one, on her neck scarf.... Lovely....
I'll be working in the shop, today.... getting as much done, as I can...Mom and I have to meet with a surgeon, this week...{a worrisome thing...} so... it may be a bumpy ride...this week... with many unknowns...guess... that's life... all we are sure of...is this very moment... things tend to change...in a blink of an eye....
I'll be loading the shop...full... and, basking...in the chaotic serenity, of The Rabbit Hole... With my thoughts...always...always.... with The March Hare...as I see her...at every turn there...
Results, tomorrow...and they will be Great!!!! {Prayers...to Peg...and to all who suffer...}
Love to You...
Barb C.

4 comments:

Gatherings said...

Hoping for good things for Peg!! Looks like fun gatherings!

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks Wanda...
and...yes...I found some treasures... for the Open House...
I sure enjoyed yours!
You made it Wonderful....
Good Luck...and Prayers...to You...this week...
Love to ya...
Barb C.

summersundays-jw said...

How I would love to jump in the car & come next weekend but don't think it's in the cards. Love the metal boxes off the church pews. I've never seen any before. And you know how I love bottle brush trees. My prayers are with Peg & you & your mom. Hope every thing works out for all of you. Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Thank You...Jan...
We all appreciate your Love...and Prayers...
I Know... it's not easy running down the road...and, if there is anything you need, that I post...I'll send it, your way...
You are an Angel...
Love...to You...
Barb C.