Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Tree Is Up!

Decorated....not so much.... It's a 12 footer... and takes a while to get up...and lit...
Rudolf has found his place...on the tree.... and the Giant Ornaments...
Lights are on....John didn't put near as many on, this year....maybe 1200...and...that's o.k..... it looks a little more old fashioned.... I stood back....and looked at the tree...and realized...I do it...like one of my 'Memory Trees'.... just...in Giant Form! All the Tree Toppers...strewn about the top... hundreds of Ornaments...Angels....and who knows...what I'll find...digging through the totes!
I do Love...decorating the Tree...
I don't know where that comes from.... I never really had, this kind of Christmas...growing up.... it wasn't until I moved out, on my own...I was 16 that Christmas...., that I bought my first tree...It was actually...already decorated...I had spied it at Target... {I was working there...I kept a close eye, on that little tree...it had little Horses on it...that looked like stained glass... I was so afraid it was going to sell....{after all...it was the Most Beautiful Little Tree...Ever!} but....I didn't have enough money, to pay full price.... so....when they discounted it... and...I got my Employee discount... I could scrape enough together...{16.00, I think...}to buy it...  my Dane, Dolsey, and I sat and looked at it every night....through New Years Day! I thought it was the Most Beautiful Tree... Ever!
I don't think...there were any gifts under the Tree, that year...but...it didn't matter...I felt so Blessed...I had a roof over my head....a furnace that worked.... pipes under the sink....that drained....hot water...and a real door, not a screen door, covered in plywood... all things, I didn't have the Winter, before....
Ahhh yes...and...The Most Beautiful Christmas Tree...Ever! {and...Dolsey...to sit by my side....enjoying it!} All was truly 'right'....with the World....
Hope You Have a Most...Wonderful Day...doing....what You Love...Best!

This is a Little Horse.... from my first Christmas...on my own.... Beautiful... : )
 Barb C.
{Funny... how, to this day...at this time of year.... I, sometimes still feel...a warm...and fuzzy feeling...walking into the Warm House....if you have never had to come home...to a cold house... knowing it would be cold...{see your breath, cold...} in December... and praying, you could get the old furnace going... for just one more night...but never knowing...for sure...til it kicked on... You have no idea...what a Blessing it is.... {we take Much...for granted...}
{after rereading this.... I also...felt, so very blessed...the year before....in that old trailer...with no pipes...hot water...and..the screen door...covered with plywood.... and...that old furnace...never let me down...after I got it going...everyday... Dolsey and I never spent one cold night there...it was all mine...all paid for...
Home...}

No comments: