Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Old School House Clock.....

There are so many things...that seem to be meeting...in the middle...in my life...these days... parallels...
When Peg and I talk about this...she insists...it's the 2012 thing...who knows...maybe...she's right...{Peg is privy...to a lot of the weird things...that happen in my life... sometimes...we simply have to go...'hmmmmm....' }
My brother in law, called the other day...we haven't been close, since Chery passed away... he's a good man... but.... he has his life...and I, have mine.... He said...there was something, he would like to get rid of, in the house... {my mind was racing...there was one thing, of Chery's I wanted...in the worst way... because....I Knew how much she loved it....}it was an Old Clock, I had sold her....nearly 20 years ago...she mentioned how much she loved it, when I got it....and...I was short on money....always...always....bills to pay.... so, it went to her Loving Home...it was so Chery....she painted everything white...long before it was the 'thing' to do....she was always a Trend Setter!{the late 1800's Clock had been painted, in the '30's...obviously....by another..Trend Setter!}
My heart skipped a beat when he said, "It's a white clock...think they call it a School House Clock..."...ahhh yes.... tho, money is tight...especially...'to keep'...something.... this will never be for sale.... it's Family...I sold a couple of things, out of the house....and  was so happy to buy it back!!!
 So Happy...to have a Remembrance, of Chery... always... 
Like...I needed one....
I think of Her Every Single Day....
I do...miss her so.....
oh my....
{ Chery...was truly...the Wind, beneath my Wings...My Hero...Just like ...John...Peg....Dad...Jeri...and a Few...others...who I'll not mention...by name...but they know.... From...here...to Heaven...who they are....and they are right here...in My Heart....My Hero's....}
I thought...as I took the key, into my hand...the last person, to wind this old Clock...was my Sister....
I...do miss her...so...


2 comments:

Betty G said...

That key to the clock is the key to your heart. How precious the memories of your dear sweet sister. Love to you~Betty. xoxoxoxox

Simply Iowa said...

So True...Sweet Betty...
Hope you had a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love, to You!
Barb C.