Thursday, November 17, 2011

Father Time.......

Old...Novelty Clocks...Love them... This Rudolph is my very Favorite... the Blue Birds. are Sweet, too.... Miss Scarlett is so drawn to Rudy.... watching the little deer go back and forth...oh my...
 I started collecting Clocks...when the kids were little...My Sister, Chery always had old clocks, in her house....and it seemed so cozy...listening to them tic away...kind if like rain...on a tin roof...soothing....Over the years...many have come, and gone...some...I hope...we can always keep...then, give to the kids...It's amazing how these old clocks...just keep going... some...are close to 200 years old....and they keep on goin'.... I love hearing them....John winds them ...on Sunday mornings...they..all have their own voice...{tic...and chime} just as no two finger prints are alike... neither are they... sadly...you get so used to them, you don't hear them....Except...the Old Clock, in the Kitchen....where I do my Computer work...He whispers in my ear...and reminds me, he's behind me....especially, when I'm on the phone...and he strikes....people can hear him, too...and ask..."what was that?".... or...go silent...for a second...
They are lovely...and...some very whimsical...like the Little Frog Band...... Some are Beautiful...{well...they all are, to me....} some, a little ruff...but original...and they 'sing' beautifully...some...are beyond repair....but...simply needed a home...so...they found one....
There is something about Clocks...and time...how it waits, for no one.... Something....we must all respect....
Hope you have an Amazing Day...
and...Spend your Time....Wisely...
Love, to Ya...
Barb C.

4 comments:

Anita said...

I love the frog clock!

Simply Iowa said...

Me Too...I bought it...years ago...at Sisters'...
Fond...Memories...
: )

annie said...

My Sweetie loves clocks, and has worked on many a one. Shame on me, they are all banished out to his shop. No matter how many times they are set together, they invariably go off chiming at different times. Sweet thing that he is, he took them all, where he can enjoy them but I don't have to live with them. I do love the old oak cases on them, and would turn them into curio cupboards if given half a chance!!! You do have a fabulous collection!

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Annie...
If you don't wind the left side...they won't strike...{chime...} Many do have lovely cases...I have one in my bedroom, that is minus it's movement...so I have a small statue inside....very sweet....
: )
Barb C.