Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Here...for a Good...time...

Had to make a delivery, to Northern Iowa, yesterday... and told Mary {Mary "Dark Horse Antiques Janesville, Iowa} I would stop an visit, when I did...
Mary had a battle with cancer, 3 years ago... had a double mastectomy... took chemo, which, has damaged her heart... and now...with other health issues....they aren't sure..if...they can give her, a needed pacemaker...
When I arrived...I was a bit concerned about Mary....through all of her trials... {and there have been some major ones...} she has handled everything with Grace...and Laughter...she is amazing....she seemed...yesterday...low...{like I would be...but...not...Mary...}
We sat in her shop, and visited...and...it was good...
Then...she and her husband, Tom, surprised me, and saddled up the horses.... {Tom took a spill, off of a horse, 2 years ago...and cracked his pelvis...was hospitalized, for a lengthy time....the two of them...have had some Real Mountains...}
The Missouri Fox Trotter, is Mary's horse....he is 23 years old....the horses, nor Tom and Mary...have ridden, since Tom's accident...} These Horses were amazing... they stood while they were saddled, and mounted... I think...they, too...were ready... for a ride...
It was Wonderful...to see Mary Smile! and, Tom...was just as excited.... The doctors won't be happy...that Mary is back riding...but... I don't think...Mary...much cares...what they think...
It was Great to hear her Laugh...That Amazing..."Mary"... laugh...
They kept wanting me to ride... but...I'm still a bit 'twisted', from last week... and was just fine...taking in their enjoyment.... both Tom and Mary's...and the Beautiful...Gentle... Geldings...
Animals...Critters.... are Truly...God's Gifts....to Us...
I'm back on the road...this morning...it was a late night... and I'm sucking down coffee... have several stops to make... and check what was delivered to my door... yesterday...{too tired..and dark, outside...when I got home.... Thanks Kevin, for finding my check book, and the check I was supposed to deposit...yesterday....blowing in the yard... oh my...if I didn't have Angels, following me around...I'd be a mighty Lost Soul!}
Hope you all...Everyone...has a Most Amazing Day...
Love to You...
Barb C.
{Please keep Pegadoo, in your prayers, today... she and her family are on the road, to Mayo....she checks in..in the Morn... Love, to Ya...}

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for posting such a nice post about Mary and Tom. So nice to see her so happy, but like you said, not sure what the doctors will say, but it was probably the best therapy!
Andrea

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Andrea!
My heart was so happy for Both...Tom....and Mary... This is truly, what they need... the horses...too...for them to stand...so still, for Mary and Tom, to get in the saddle...wow...being an old horse woman... I gotta tell ya...THAT was AMAZING! Then...the Smiles... oh my... Loved It!!! Love Them! Good People...Awesome Critters {the Blessings they Give to us....if we just let them...}...a Good Time...no...a Great Time... : )
Love to ya...
Barb C.