Saturday, October 8, 2011

There is Life....

I had to snap images of the Old Fountain...in the Green House.... It always 'Grounds' me... I have let it 'Live'...It's Mossy...and Overgrown...with Morning Glorys... Creeping Charlie...and Clover.... It's Full of Wonder....
Just the other day...I spotted a Snail! and...Baby Snails... ! {the blurry image, is of one of the Snails....I haven't seen this type of snail...since I was 5 years old...living along the Cedar River, in the Tiny Town, of Cedar Bluff, Iowa...I loved watching them, their sweet little antennas, going every which way....} I often wonder, why...we don't see so many of the the little Creatures, we used to... is it Chemicals...? I remember...Salamanders...and Mud Puppies... Walking Sticks... all sorts of Gnarly Creatures... I don't see them...much...anymore...
We don't use any weed killers... or sprays, of any kind...{and the yard looks shaggy...} but....The Birds...and Bugs... and even...Snails... seem to find it Homey...and that's all good with me...
{Went out to a Wonderful Supper...with Two of my Favorite Artist Friends...last night! We drove Sally... with the top down.... and 'Sweet Home Alabama' Blaring! We had a Lovely, New Orleans Style Supper...at Augusta's, in Oxford, Iowa.... and thoroughly enjoyed each others company.... They Surprised with me this darling little box, they had seen me admire, at an auction, a while back... but I had to leave, before it sold.... What a Kind thing to do... I Love It!!! I Love Them...Too...)
Hope You All Have a Most Beautiful Day....Filled With...Wonder...
Barb C.

No comments: