Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Little Fall Gathering...History...

It was an amazing weekend... in so many ways... Had folks { 8 Oski Gals... Surprised Amy, Brandon and I... with Flashlights! Late...Friday Eve! We sipped a little Wine...and So Enjoyed them!}
Had Nice...Kind...Loving...Folks... all weekend... The hours...were a bit Grueling... about 50 hours...crammed into 3 days...{the Gazette had a type o... said I was also open 'til 9, instead of 6, on Sunday...I had folks call me at 8, just after I had made it to the house}......so I went down...and reopened...They were...Lovely...I look forward to getting to know them better...{they were also fitted with flashlights....I have such 'prepared' Folks... that stop in... me... I might find a book of matches...buried in the Ford... from my 'smoking' days....but...no flashlight....}
It was awesome...having the Mid West, and Collector's Eye Folks, pop in....and Jan, from Gracie's Cottage... meeting her...was a Treat...! Linda, and Mary Ellyn... Jean... Betty...and the Gals... 
It was also...a Curious weekend....I can't explain it... but there is a Message...that is being sent to me... While visiting...with Folks...that are new to the shop...  the Coincidences... were overwhelming... to the point....the blood drained...from our faces...{over and over... throughout the entire weekend...and...there are No...Coincidences...}in Life...
 The Little Shop...{Rabbit Hole}... is truly my Sanctuary... and...the comfort it brings me... and... the knowledge... it fills me with... gives me pause...
Angels were sent...through those doors...every hour...I was Open... some...I know well.... some... I have never seen before...and may never, again... but...I will remember them...always...
The sales were down, from Spring... but...I know... that isn't what it's all about... it's all about the journey... and the journey... down the Rabbit Hole... has rarely been more eventful, and fulfilling.... an amazing ride... that is still unfolding... I'll let you know... when the picture..is complete...
I feel...it's bound to be an Amazing Portrait....
Love to You...
Barb C.
{ I was right where I needed to be...yesterday....  got up at 4, Sally and I headed south...to Missouri...
I surprised Peg...at the Hospital... I wanted to be there for her....and Michael...and Mel...
Peg had left one of her Beloved Energy Drinks, in the fridge... here... I saw it...Sunday night...sitting there...waiting...and thought...if there is anytime, she needs to have it by her side.... it was then....
She about fell over... when she saw me... {I was dirty and stinky...{no shower for three days... too tired...and when the alarm went off, yesterday morn... I thought...15 minutes to shower...or... 15 minutes..to sleep...I chose sleep... and, Peg...didn't mind a bit...}
They did the Biopsy... and...the Dr., had nothing good to say...
 I did.... I'm not buying it...none of it... They are headed to the Mayo Clinic... I'll be headed there...as well...sometime this week... they are getting all of the results, today....from Missouri...
I told them...I don't want to hear...any of it... I'll wait to here what the Mayo Clinic says... Peg says... as soon as they tell her, exactly what it is....she'll fight....she's not giving up....
 Peg is Amazing... I Love Her So...
I have finally figured out...how to put the entirety, of  "Love'...into words....it's not that fuzzy, warm feeling... you get... that 'happy all over feeling'....that...is only a fraction...of 'Love'...
 You know...when you Really Love someone...{or...a critter} and Know... The Entire 'Love' Package... when your Loved Ones... are in Trouble... and...are hurting....That...is when...you feel the Full Force...of Love.... The Gut Wrenching.... Heart Breaking... Helplessness.... that makes your hands...and body Tremble...lip...Quiver.... Tears...Fall like Rain.... and...your Heart Breaks...into a Million Fragments... That is when... you Know...'Love'...
I have always said...I loved the quote... and used it over and over... in my life..."It is better to have Loved...and Lost...than to Never have Loved at all"... I can't imagine...Living.... without...all of the Loved Ones...I have had the opportunity, to have been Blessed with...on my Journey... but... oh my.... the down side...when they hurt...and struggle... It is the Most...Difficult Thing....to Endure....{I would rather it happen to me...}
This is Peg's Memory Tree....I made for her....last Christmas... I put all sorts of things on it...that remined me of Peg... down to a mouse turd... on the base....and...a little One Winged Angel... at the top...{she always cusses...my shop mice....} I always go on and on...at what an Angel...she is....she always says...her wings...are a bit singed...or...occasionally... minus a wing....for saying a naughty word.... but...I'm here to say... Peg is fitted...with Most Beautiful Wings... and a Halo...made of Solid Gold.....Just...Like her Heart....
We are Thinking Positive....and I have told Peg...about all of the Prayers... and Loving Thoughts...that are Sent to her...and her Family.... Please...please... keep them in Your Prayers...along...with All Those Who are Suffering.... today...
God Bless...
Barb C.
{a special "Thanks", to Amy...for setting with me...Friday and Saturday...til after closing... and Sweet Brandon...as well... This last week has been a mighty tuff road... Liz...and Sweet Scarlett... kept me smiling...during the days... Thank You... for being here...}

15 comments:

Amy N said...

Hang in there Darlin'....that little Mad March Hare is a tough one.....once she knows for sure what she is up against she will fight it will all that she is!! I've only seen a little of that and let me tell you I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of anything she was against ; )We're all still praying and thinking positive...
Love Ya

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb ~ I read your blog everyday and feel like I know you ~ I have been praying for Peg ~ I keep reading articles about people who are dealing with cancer and they fill their days with laughter ~ watching funny movies, etc, to just make them laugh ~ and before they know it their cancer is gone ~ maybe laughter is the best medicine after all ~ my prayers go out to Peg, and to the wonderful friend she has in you ~ Blessings, Barb H.

Simply Iowa said...

Oh...Amy...girl...
I know...how tuff Peg is... my gosh...the way she Moves Mountains...around the Rabbit Hole... but...she is sooooo tiny... seeing her...in that hospital gown... her tiny...tiny...little frame...
The Love...between she...and Mike...
the Helplessness...I felt...after that dr. spoke...
but...I won't give up...and...she'll never see me cry...
no...no...no...
Peg...is much Stronger than me...
Thank You Amy... Thank You...
Love...to You...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks...for Your Prayers...
When Peg and I are together...we Laugh... always...
She doesn't read the blog... no computer...nor does she have any desire to have one... {well...she had one...and gave it to her daughter...}
You...hear...bits...of where my heart is... I don't let Peg see any saddness... I think God has sent Angels, to hold me up... when I'm with her...and we laugh...{maybe...a bit too loud, at the hospital...yesterday...oh dear...}
My friends...and family... they hear me...and see me...fall apart... bless their Hearts...{and...Polly...she has been wonderful...}
I have told Peg, to watch only funny stuff... I try and do this...all the time...{ Sponge Bob...is Amazing....} Life is full of saddness...why saturate our mind, with it when we relax?
Thanks for everything... and Prayers...oh my... I think...we all need Prayers... Every Single One...of Us... and...a Large Dose...of Faith...
Love, to You...
Barb C.

summersundays-jw said...

I just said a prayer for you & Peg & I promise I'll do it again. You're lucky to have each other. When I think of you 2, I always think of the old saying "when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'". Stick in there! Jan

Audrey @ Sweet Cheeks said...

I've been carrying you both around with me...and sending only the best thoughts your way.

I've been looking at my little "pieces" of Peg...running my hands over them and thinking about how much of HER is here...in MY home...and that's only a tiny bit of the AMAZINGNESS she's sent out into the world.

Anything I can do...you let me know! It's our job to lift each other up when things are shaky ;)

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks...Jan...
When Peg signs her Amazing Gourds... her signature is an Ant...{she's such a Bug Girl...} She IS the Ant...that can move the Rubber Tree Plant... and...I have... High Hopes...
Thank You...
for your Prayers...Jan...
Keep Them Coming...
Love...
To You...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey, Aud...
Thanks...for the 'Lift'...
I think...one of my most favorite gourds.. Peg has done...is the one, that has 'All God's Creatures'... that Dustin bought, for you... I speak of it...so often...It is All Peg... She so Loves...bugs...and Garden Creatures...
Please...keep her in your prayers...this is going to be a Long....Difficult...Journey... at best...
Love...to You...
Barb C.

Nancy said...

Barb,
Just this morning.. I found the beautiful necklace and earrings that we had bought from Peg at your sale. Jessica and I wore them today. I was thinking of her and admiring her talent for such intricate work. I literally hadn't been on the blogs for week, but something drew me to your blog first. I couldn't believe what I was reading. She seems like the picture of health. Cancer's first letters are can... tell Peg she can fight.. she can pray... she can cry... etc.

Praying and thinking of you and Peg.
Nancy

Simply Iowa said...

Thank you...so much....Nancy...
and, Jessica...
I have not lost Faith... and...With all of the Prayers... I can feel... almost a 'limbo'... not on the ground.. not....in the Clouds... maybe...I'll call it ..."Peace"... The dr. in MO. was not encouraging... I have felt possitive...from the time Peg told me... yet... I completly... folded...{not....near Peg...or her Family... } I believe Angels were holding me up... When the dr. was negative... I was done... done with MO., and on to Mayo.... I feel it in my Soul...she is going to come through...I refuse to think any other way... I know...the Prayers are working.... I told Peg, she needs to look up...and Believe... as well... and turn away from any negativity...
Thank You again...I will send your kind words, on to Peg, and her Family...
My Prayers are with, others, in the Kalona area...and have been for months...a Sister...of Friend... and a Husband...of a Friend... Prayers work... maybe....not always, in the way, we hope they will...but...they show us, the Way...along this Journey...
and...Bring us Peace...
Love...and Thank You...
Barb C.
and...Prayers to All of those...who are hurting...today...

Gracie's Cottage said...

Loved visiting with you on Saturday; prayers are streaming upward to our loving heavenly Father.

Jan

Gracie's Cottage said...

P.S. Check out my blog when you have a moment.

Betty G said...

Sending my prayers, hope, faith and love to you and Peg. ((((HUGS))))-Luv~Betty

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Jan...Thank You...sooo much...for the kind words, on your blog...and lovely images, of the Rabbit Hole... I so enjoyed seeing you...Hope Your Show Was Over The Top! You always do such an Amazing Job!!! Wow...
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks, Betty...
Prayers Do Work! Think we all need to Pray.... for...Everyone... we all need Hope...Faith...and Love...
Peg is going to the Mayo, next week...Please keep her in your Prayers...
Love to You...Sweet, Betty...
and...Thank You...always...for those Amazing (((HUGS)))!!!
Barb C.