Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Land of the Free....and the Home...of the Brave

As I watch the  10 year Memorial, this morning... it seems as tho, it was only yesterday...these horrific acts... took place....I sat and watched three days...as this story unfolded... stunned...back in 2001....I cried again...this morning... as they Opened the Old Flag... with my hand...over my heart...as the Star Spangled Banner was so Beautifully Sung...
I remember... so much....the people....Americans...Visitors.... to Our Country...
Our World...was torn apart...but... surprisingly....it also...Pulled Us Together....
I so Hope...That....is what we will remember...and keep reaching for....
I took this image, this morning....of one of our Flags.... I gave this to John...for Christmas...many years ago...The history with it, states, "This is a 45 star flag that Flew over Governors Island in New York Harbor in 1904"....
It Stands Proudly...in our Home...
I want to Thank...All of Those...Who Have Sacrificed...for Our Freedom... and Those...Who are Sacrificing...Every Day...and Will Always...
God Bless You...
God Bless Us...
God Bless....
The United States of America

No comments: