Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Great Afternoon! Gathering....

The Girls at Sisters' used old paper grain sacks, for signs...it was so cool!

MUMS!!! Beautiful Mums!!!!

Deb's Folks brought this Old Truck in....for the Open House! Thaere are several there...very...very....Wonderful!
Love...Love...Love...the Garden Shed! {she bought the door entry, from me, years ago! I used it as an entry...to one of the very first Heart of Country's, we did....It's a Show Stopper!}
Sweet Brandon... http://www.housethings.blogspot.com/ His area, was done up Darling... He is Amazing...I sure do Love Him!
They had all sorts of goodies....several varieties of Coffee...and Cider....Mmmmmm.....
This is Brandon's display if Early Ironstone...the little black crow...seems quite at Home!
This is a shot of Brandon's room....it was weird...but seemed fitting....I helped a gal get some pieces down to purchase...I must have been clicking...as she asked me... oh well... it's Cool!
Brandon...and Bow Ties....oh my.... he is a Cool Cat!
This is a snippet of Sharon's room... http://www.thefabricofsweetrepose.blogspot.com/ She also sells her Amazing Soap, here.... Sharon and I love so many of the same, soulful things.... must be a 'Free Spirit'...'thing'....
Sisters' has a Wonderful Variety of Lotions...Soaps... and cleaning supplies.... Very...Very....Good Stuff!
Nancy, and Sweet Carolyn... at Rug Cottage { http://www.rugcottage.blogspot.com/ } Alyson and I stopped there on the way to Sisters' Garden.... and filled up on Jellies, and my fav, Hot and Sweet Pepper Relish! Yum! I also bought a Huge Tin Wash Pan... {it looks Amana...all hand made!} Allyson drove...and there was no way...it was going in her little car! So...I'm headed back, today...to pick up! }
We had a lovely afternoon... went to the Stringtown Grocery, where Alyson got some of her favorite Grapefruit Wedge Candy...and I...some bulk, Dill....{LOVE DILL ON EVERYTHING!} We should have went to Old Man's Creek Antiques... and on to Kalona....but time was gobbled up....fast... Another Time...soon...Kalona has it's Fall Festival, I think...next weekend... oh my....
Alyson and I were talking about taking a road trip to Illinois, this Fall.... We started looking at weekends...oh my Gosh.... With my Sale....less...than two weeks away.... and prep, for that... then... the Mid West Show....I'm having a PARTY here....and open 12 hour days...all weekend, then.... Then...the Holiday Open House.... in November.... Throw in Thanksgiving... Then...start gathering for NASHVILLE...EARLY FEBRUARY! Oh my gosh...Time Is Flyin'!
It was great seeing everyone, yesterday! Val and Roxanne popped out, before we headed to Kalona... we invited them, to ride along...but they were headed to the farm...to pick Pumpkins!
I'm jumping in the Ford...to Gather up my goodies, from Sisters' Garden, and Rug Cottage...Then...I HAVE GOT To Get Home...and Get BUSY!
The Shop is Open tomorrow...12 to 4.... Come visit...if you stay too long...I'm puttin' ya to Work!
Love to ya!
Barb C.

No comments: