Monday, September 19, 2011

The Coverlet of Life....

I am up early...so I can be at the Hospital early, to meet Mom there for tests.. she's been having a few issues...hopefully nothing major....
I don't talk about the pins, that are always in the air...as with every family...with my family....much...
My life is, like I would imagine, a Weaver...on her loom... keeping all the main colors in line...then pulling  a few different colors, in as they are presented... it's when the pattern changes, without warning.... that I get crazy...{or...when other's tell me, how I should be weaving...yet, they do nothing...to help....and only step up...when they want to tell me, how I should be holding the shuttle....but, would never want to guide it, themselves........{I'm so thankful, they are all retired...and have plenty of time, to figure out, what I need to do....to improve my coverlet... Bless their Hearts!{then...wonder why...I sound a bit angry...listening to their helpful suggestions.......hmmmm...}Bless Their Hearts...again...}but, I guess that's life...{aren't you glad...you only hear about, one color, in my coverlet... my work...oh my...my coverlet...as everyone else's... is Vibrant...to say the very least...}
Ahhh....yes....The American Queen...I marvel, at how Strong she appears.... oh my... wonder what she's hiding under those petticoats...? I think...I already have a pretty good idea....
It was cold and rainy here, yesterday... got some shop cleaning done...Eva, and her husband, Mark, stopped by....and found some treasures...It was Great to see them...they will be at What Cheer, the same weekend as The Fall Harvest Sale... and Rick and Karen...It's always Great seeing them, too...It was very slow...but..it always is...leading up to Sale Time...and two weeks after.... Folks wait, to come, 'til the sale...Then,  have already been here...so wait a couple weeks to come back...
The Fall will be filled with Events...it seems...I'll be posting dates for The Harvest Moon Gathering,{I'm calling it, that, now...may change the title...} the end of October, Mid West Show Weekend... and The Holiday Open House, in mid November...
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, this Fall... Spending time with Pegadoo... I laugh a lot...when she's here... and...it feels sooo good...to laugh....
Hope you all have a Most Amazing Day....
and Laugh...a little...
Love to ya...
The Coverlet...It Almost Makes One....Dizzy...looking at it... Think what the Weaver, went through....creating it...oh my....
Barb C.
{I had to put this song on..."Put another Log on the Fire"... for all of the 'American Queens'...that juggle everything... and dance backwards in high heels... they don't hear, 'thanks'... very often... so Here's a BIG THANKS!!!! now...go lift that car up....and change that tire...! }

4 comments:

Gatherings said...

good Luck with your mom today!

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks, Wanda...
It was a trial...for both of us... I was ready, to call it a day...by 10:30 this morning....Mom, too... I am thankful, to the staff, at Mercy Hospital...Cedar Rapids...
I think the tests came out good...it's just all the Hell she has to go through...getting there... then..be poked...prodded... undressed...it took four of us, to get her to stand...then she smashed her toe... I wish my well meaning realatives...{bless their hearts...} would come, and be counted...with Mom, and I... they have no...idea...none...
I have been the primary caregiver...since I was in my early 20's... I may not be perfect... but...I'm doing the best I can...on every level...and...that's all I can do...
I'm ready for a Martini... wonder if Mom might like one, too...
Love to ya...{I know...you know...how it is....}
Barb C.

Anonymous said...

Love the coverlet is it for sale?
Janet

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Janet...
This is a sample, and...I think is sold...to my friend Robin...{I have a group of things that are being shipped her way... and we are trying to remember...what all goes!} I'll see what I can find Coverlet wise....and...if she doesn't take this one...I'll let put it back on...
Love to Ya...
Berb C.