Monday, September 12, 2011

Antique Sale...

SIMPLY IOWA!
FALL HARVEST SALE
SEPTEMBER 29th, 30th OCTOBER 1st, and 2nd
8 a.m. 'Til  Dusk
Daily!
The Lawn and Buildings will be Brimming!
Friends and Neighbors Have Gathered
Tons of Antique Treasures!
Always...at Affordible Prices!
Something for Everyone!
New Items Added Daily!
Wear Your Grubbies!
and
BRING A TRUCK!!!!
{located on hiway 151, Fairfax, Iowa}
319-241-1348
www.simplyiowa@yahoo.com

{I was pondering...what to use...for the 'Invite'...Image...for
The Fall Harvest Sale...
and was walking around the yard...
It all came to me...in an instant...
ahhhh....yes....
The Soulfulness...in Worn...and Well Loved Things...
They always Speak with a Very Loud Whisper...
Come meet The Old Darling Chest of Drawers...
She will be the
Belle of The Ball}
As I set last years....forgotton....dried...Warty Pumpkin...on the 'Farmer's Compote'...atop...the Grundgy...Old....Old...Chest of Drawers....with 50 years accumulation of dust.....and Cob Webs...still in tact....
I thought....how perfect....
The Forgotton Past...
From the Pumpkin....left to rot... but instead... withstood, a brutal Winter...
and...provided nourishment....and shelter.... to a Field Mouse...or two...
and still...held it's lovely form.... for eyes..to enjoy...once again...
The Farmer's Compote...John put together...from pieces headed to the Scrap Yard...yes...from a Forgotten Era....
The Soulful Old Chest of Drawers...
I can see...She was a Beauty...in her day... With Fancy hand carved Pillars...at her sides....
the applied raised trim...on her drawers....now a bit fractured...but...she still...holds on....to much of it...
Her 1870's surface... tho...so worn... sings perect harmony...with the Gnarly Dried Pumpkin...
They are the Color...of dried Corn Stalks... Wheat...ready to Harvest...
Yes...The Beautiful....Golden Color of  Fall....
I gathered up...the lovely clusters...of Oak Leaves...the Old Oak...kindly contributed...
He's only letting a few go... and...I was Thankful for those....
Then...I thought....
The Old 'Antique Sale' Sign...would be perfect...
It was my very first sign...John and I painted...20 years...or so...ago....
I think...about all the Water...that has went under the bridge...since that sign was created...
oh my....
What an Incredible....Journey....







3 comments:

Gatherings said...

Love it!!!!

Elisha said...

lol.... my warty pumpkin survived a nasty winter as well! But i painted mine orange! :) its on my blog if you chk it out in my fall centerpiece. how funny

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Wanda!
Love Your Fall Display!
Wowza!
So Happy You had a Fab Open House!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.