Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gussied Up...

The phone is dead...and buried.... I have a new one... and...thankfully...the old one didn't take all of my info...to the grave....I chose a phone that suits me better... it's little...and pink... and...I think we are friends...the other...well...I hate to speak ill...of the dead... but we never really connected... {I still have the old one....the old...old one...the NOKIA.... sitting here...next to me.... WE.... Connected.... and it was my Pal...the last one...ahhh...not so much.....}
My Wonderful Neighbor....May.... and I went to the Lighthouse Supper Club...last night...we were supposed to, last week.... but... she had issues... We had a most Amazing Time.... Catching up....I so Love Her... she is so...Honest...and pure.... I am Blessed, to have her as a Neighbor....
We talked about Ireland.... and how Beautiful it is....I told her...if I ever get there...{it's on my 'bucket list'...}I'm Sure...I'll see Iowa....I always do...wherever I roam....in this Country....Where it is the Most Beautiful...I See...Some Part of this State.... Well....The Movie said it all...when asked.."Is this Heaven?"....answer.."no...this is Iowa..." Enough said....
It was Great Hearing Eddie, and his Band.... he played Danny Boy...for May.... and I sipped Martinis...all evening...Life is Good! { I think those may be my last... I'm ready for a change....we'll see...}
I left the old blue flannel, at home...it was all Long... Black...and Stilettos...
We Gussied up.... Fun...I Love Getting Dressed Up...once...in awhile....}
Love to Ya!
Barb C.
I'm headed to Allyson's....for supper, tonight...and delivering a cool old folkart weathervane...it'll look cool in her house...

2 comments:

Anita said...

Good to see you Saturday night. You definitely were not in flannel. Giving up martinis? Well, ok, we sell wine....:)

Simply Iowa said...

Yes...you do... and...the Martinis..are pretty dang good...too... my liver is getting a bit...well, lets face it...OLD!!!!
Love to ya!
Barb C.