Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Somewhere...with You... oh my....

An amazing day...Had much business...to tend to.... I gotta tell ya..I direct folks...like I would direct...my Children....or...my Mother...or...my Best Friend...is that financially advantageous...ahhh...nope...but it's the Right Thing...to do....
Had a meeting with a friend...this morn... it was great...left her...with a lot to process....
Then...we took off...and went 'Junkin'! What Fun! Tho...I found many treasures...I'll have go back for.... {Sally isn't suited...for Major hauling.... }but...she is a Mighty Fine Companion....
I hooked up, with pal, Jan... we took in Country Fair...in Coal Valley, Ill... then the FUN... 'Junk Asylum'!...It was Packed!!! It was Great seeing Lorie... and I found some very Fun Stuff!!! Ran into Sweet Colleen... She was just bringing in a huge box full of early Ironstone...I bought it ALL!!! She had a darling 30's doll house...perfect for Christmas...with Gnarly Bottle Bush Trees... and a set of 4, 30's... Colonial Revival, ladder back chairs.... fun...{they will be Great...with Vintage feed sack seats, we'll put on.... SWEET...}Thing is...she had to haul them back to C.R.....Sally could only take...so much...So...I had to go to Ced-Rel...where Colleen works...after I got home...{the Food is Amazing...oh my...try the 'Oh My Shrimp"....Oh...My...}to pick them up...this eve.... I unloaded Sally...at Home...then...made a bee line for Ced-Rel.... {just minutes from my door...}What Fun!!!
Jan and I ate at The Castle Lodge... for Lunch...A Very Cool Place........ It's in Bettendorf... on the Mississippi...Whew...What a Blast! I had a Martini...wa hoo...{she was driving...}
We had a Great Time...It was in the upper 90's... but...Sally had her top down...and the hour and a half drive was....amazing....It's So Wonderful...to have the Sun on My Face...Love...It...
While eating supper, this eve... with Colleen...a girl came out from the kitchen...asked who owned the Mustang...with the furniture sticking out of it... I proudly said..."Me".... We had a Long Chat....She just bought a BRAND NEW MUSTANG...ahhhh...a Racing...Mustang.... HOT! I shared my Mustang Love Stories with her... ahhh.... Let me tell ya... I can dump a clutch...with the hammer down...and SMOKE TIRES LIKE NO OTHER!!!! I can bring the Best ... out of Any Engine...Whew... It was like talking to my Twin...Like I have known her...my entire life... she is a Racer...too... oh my....
I told her...Sally is a Gentle Spirit...My Therapist... fun...free spirited.... Not...a Muscle Car...{I know a Muscle Car....oh...Baby....} now...the Little Ford Truck...oh my.... I'll Blow Fricken Doors Off!!! Man...That Little Ford...can Light 'em Up!!!! oh dear....
It was a Lovely Day...Good Friends...Good Finds...Good Food... Great Conversations...and...a Martini...or two...on a Hot...Hot...afternoon...Who Could Ask...for Anything More...?
Love, to Ya...
The above images are from The Junk Asylum... Jan and I had a Fun Time...and I found some Great Stuff...The Store was Full! Hope you can check it out....click on the image of the flier...for details!
We all knew..it would happen...The Little Mustang...would have to eventually...pull her own weight.... a Draft Horse...Sally is Not....
But...That's O.K.!
She does more for me.... than anyone...could ever know... so...if she is a little tender footed... No Worries.... The Little Ford...Knows His way...to Illinois...and He...can Haul a Load... Sally... She takes a load...off... my mind...a Wonderful...Escape...
Jan took the huge collection of Ironstone, from the big box, Colleen had it in....and dispersed it, throughout Sally's Trunk....ahhh...A Trunk Full of Spoils...of a Great Day Antiquing!!!! 
Barb C.

2 comments:

AmyN said...

WHAT FUN!!! I'm catching up with you for one of those road trips some time!!!

Simply Iowa said...

Anytime!!!
It was a Great Day....
Sally...The Sun....Beautiful People....Beautiful Places... Great Stuff...a Martini...or two...
It's all Good!
Love to Ya...
Barb C.