Wednesday, June 29, 2011

No Time to Kill....

My Head is Spinnin'....
Had a Great Day...but....much lifting...loading...unloading...and...re-loading....visiting... driving...and ....Living....
Funny...I put Clint Black on...with his Amazingly Written, "No Time to Kill"... song....not knowing I'd be receiving a call, from my Cousin, Judy...concerning her Mother...My Aunt....my Mother's 'as close as you can get to a Twin, without being born together'...Sister...Helen...
sounds like...Helen may not be with us...much longer...She has had another stroke... and...is refusing any kind of nourishment...
Seems like much...has been running through my brain....Seems so many...are at a crossroads...these days...
There truly is...no time to kill...between the cradle, and the grave.... Life is such a blink....We Must... learn to Love...Forgive... Enjoy...every moment... like it is our last...after all...it may, very well be...
With all of the twisting and turning...today... I have enjoyed the Most Amazing Folks...{Steph, {stephanie brandenberg studios}....Barb H. {sisters garden} Deb...Brandon {house things} Sharon {sweet repose} Nancy {and her darling Daughter} {rug cottage} Carolyn A.,... Mark....{his Birthday is Tomorrow...} Justin...John...not to mention....the Many...who strolled through my mind...as I was driving down the road....and...a Woman...who walked up to me...out of the blue...as I was grocery shopping... she is Mennonite...and shared her favorite things...with me....her favorite cookies...she likes to buy...Ya Know... I'll never forget the look in her eyes...as she was talking to me....hmmmm......
 I got a lot done, today... not everything that was on my list...but...a lot...
and today...that's good enough for me...
My Prayers are with Helen..... Judy....and Don....their Family....
I haven't said anything to Mom, yet... I'm not quite sure...how...or what to say...
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{the above image is of Mom...Rose...{left}...and Helen... this was their Graduation Photo....in 1938...Grandma held Mom back...so she and Helen could go through school together....{I think they were less than a year apart...}they were both born on the Farm...near Garner, Iowa.... They made their own clothes...went to Beauty School together....Loved to Sing together... and were quite the Girls...oh my...}

2 comments:

Sisters Garden and Bloom said...

Oh..the stories of our lives.......
I'll be thinking of you today!!
Thanks for all the great stuff yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply Iowa said...

No....Thank You...
I always enjoy our visits...
I admire how 'Balanced'...you are...something, I Strive to be....
It was great seening your Family....They are Sweet Hearts...
Love to You...
Barb C.
{I'll be the one Scrubbin' Today! Yee Haw!}