Monday, May 9, 2011

The Whole Ball of Wax...

Simply....Like, I 'used to find'.... 10 years ago.... tho, these images can't begin to show.... the paint of this old Darling.... is Perfect.... the way I Love it.... Just Right...Inside...and Out.... oh dear...
Gerald, and Darla had it... I Love It! She's a Big Girl.... 54 inches wide... and 71/2 feet tall...all Square Nailed....Older Than Dirt... One Piece...
 John is completing the Crown.... and She's Ready to Sing! 
Here She is... closed..... I Love Her...With Her Arms Outstretched!  Saying 'Welcome!' come see my Treasures, I am Proudly Holding....Just For You! I can't wait to Adorn Her... with all sorts of Wonderful Gatherings!!!!
Ahhh...Treasures....{Love it all...I was very glad to find the group of Old Nesting Eggs...they are wood... and from way back... You would put one, in a nesting box, to encourage the hen, to 'set'...and start a family!
Here are a few of the Treasures I brought back from What Cheer....I ran, to Bob Jacoby's Tag Sale, after I unloaded this, Saturday... it was about an hour away.... Bought 2 cupboards there.... a Gnarly Old, Old...Stock Tank...and some wonderful, worn...and well loved Velvet Trinkets.... oh my....


I  went to visit Mom, yesterday.... We had a nice visit.... I took her over, her favorite Meal... Fried Chicken.... Mashed Potatoes... Lots of Gravy...and a Pecan Cluster Blizzard...{and Watergate Salad}...She ate almost every bite... I was shocked!...
Mom is blind...and her left side refuses to work.... {she has a non malignant brain tumor, that causes this...} she is confined to a wheelchair...
I always feed her... when I go in with food... and, have convinced the staff, to do the same, this year.... they want her to stay independent.... but...she was glad, when they started feeding her...
Justin....sent a text to  me, with Happy Mother's Day...and Liz popped out, with flowers... then...I went to her house... with some things, I had, for her...I had been saving a Victorian Napkin Ring, that was engraved, "Mother"...in Beautiful Script.... in Honor, of her Very First, Mother's Day....
I held Miss. Scarlett... and fed her...
Just Then....
My Mind...clicked...
I spent the afternoon, with my 91 year old Mother...feeding her....then... the next stop...I am holding, a few weeks old, Wonder.... feeding her....
When I left Liz's... My Mind was racing.....
I jumped in Sally.... and hit the Highway...
Mom... all the Folks...at the Nursing Home... The Kids... The Load.... I have Got to Get Pulled Together...and Loaded... Wondering How...this Old Body is going to get the truck unloaded... and the Booth set... at Gold Rush...alone...
 My body hurts.... I bought an old cupboard, in the basement of the Old Farmhouse, at Bob's Sale, on Saturday...I was on the bottom, of the old narrow stairs... lifting the cupboard, straight up... .... lifting... step...by... step... Bob was even struggling....it was a mess....but we got it...
When I pulled in the drive...last night... I had the top down, on Sally...{I had just given her a good bath... inside and out...she sparkled...}
I sat there...for a minute... then...put her in reverse... and hit the highway...
Cranked up...Sweet Home Alabama....and Drove...
like everyone tells me...
I'll make it Happen...
I always do... 
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{It's the Journey...Barb... It's All About The Journey...}

No comments: