Monday, April 18, 2011

Mid Life Rabbit Hole...

As I travelled hundreds, and hundreds of miles, these last couple of weeks....I did much Soul Searching... and...a lot of laughing...drinking, running... crying and 'sorting'...{and...not getting much sleep..}It was a 'God Thing'...{some think a pill will cure me...nope...only walking through this journey, will the lessons be learned.... I have learned a lot, just the last couple of weeks....actually...the last couple of years...}
Sounds strange, I know... would you expect any less...from a Mad Hatter?
Sweet, Amy, has shared with me, the theory of 'God Winks'.... I'm getting a lot better, at seeing them, as they occur...
 I've considered closing the store.... stop blogging...shut myself in, and away from people...really...quit the things, I have loved the most....seems, they have brought me more suffering, than joy, lately...my actions, and behavior, has tested, my dearest friends...it's been interesting, as I look back... who has loved me, stood by me, and accepted me... anyway...{and...the other way, too...another 'God Wink'...and...that's another Journey...} {no worries...I may be Crazy...but...I have not broken any Commandments...{The Seven Deadly Sins....workin' on it...}well...I may have slipped... with the swearing.... and...I did work, last Sunday...but...God's Word...was right there...along with sharing some of the lessons I have learned... }
I have learned...Judge Not...Lest You, be Judged...Life is Short... and we should find Happiness, where we can... Speak Honestly...with Kindness, and Gentleness...and Love, One Another...No One...is perfect...and...There is Good in Everyone... try walking in their shoes...or...Carrying Their Cross... it may be mighty heavy...{I tend to put folks on a pedistal, when I love them.... a mistake...even the ones I Love... fall, once in a while...}
No one, really knows, what is turning in another mind...
I am very Thankful, for Everything...and...to those who Love me...no matter how far Down the Rabbit Hole, I have fallen....
As Michael was preparing to leave...we stood inside the Shop...I said..."Don't you just love the feeling, in here... it envelops you.... a comfort, that surrounds...embraces you..."... he agreed....{he has witnessed some 'God Moments', as well...in the Shop...{I'd write about them...but you wouldn't believe it...you have to be here...} So...I  don't know what I'd do without the Little Shop...... and my writing.... well... I enjoy it, and the comments and e-mails... the folks I have met, through it,{and the Shop} has been another 'God Wink'...
The moral to this story, is...I think I have made it through the mist...and, instead of trying to hang on to the first part of my Journey....I'm ready for the next....
Love to You...
Barb C.

10 comments:

Virginiarose said...

Barb, I didn't write this last week cause were on a whirlwind.I want to tell you the Red Queen (ML) and I had a very nice time at the garden party .We always enjoy visiting with Peg and meeting Michael was a real hoot. The food was just right and the CHOCOLAT was to die for. Good friends,good food,good times.
It was nice and it was fun
THANK YOU GINGER

Simply Iowa said...

Ginger...
Thank You....
It was Great Having You Both... I always enjoy You Girls... I am so Happy, You Made the Effort, to Come...You Don't Know...How Much It Means...To See a Friendly Face...and Get a Big Hug!
I Love You Gals!
Barb C.
{Peg and Michael Enjoyed You As Well!!}

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Dear Barb:
Let me start by saying, "don't you dare"...oh my, that was mighty selfish of me --- but where would I turn for a fixing of pure honesty, pure soulfulness, pure-ness. O.K. -- here's the thing, you must know that there are many like me -- we stop by for your words each day...we do. You touch something in our heart...you do. And your shop -- if it is like your words -- it is soul-ful. There is too much surface only stuff out there -- I personally like the dirt under the nails stuff. I might not be brave enough - yet - to bare it all, but I am working on some mentorship from a master - you. So, in the end, we can't keep you, that would truly be selfish -- but know you do not journey alone.
Kari

Glenda said...

Barb, I just found you, and was just stopping by to say thanks for the following tap, and I stopped to read this post. You know how you swallow hard sometimes? That's me tonight. Thank you for reminders. I will e-mail you soon, as I believe my father impacted me the same way you speak of in your profile. My goodness, not sure what to say.
~G~thanks

Simply Iowa said...

Oh...Kari...
I Thank You...
I'm not going anywhere...This is my Therapy... and...You Help Me... Just as you did, today...
I never thought my life was 'out there'...or, that I was 'out there', until this blog...I thought everyone, lived like this...{I don't know if that's good, or bad, but...it is...what it is...}
As for the Little Shop... It is a Gift from God...I don't know how we have survived, the last few years... My only conclusion...the Angels have carried me... My head has been spinning around on my neck...yet...somehow... we always seem to make it...just, make it...But...none the less... 'Make it', we do...
The Soulfulness, I feel, when I walk through the doors...of that Crazy Rabbit Hole...so neglected, at times, but always seems to smile, anyway...truly feeds me...and the Angels, that have passed through the doors... oh my...don't get me goin'!
I feel the same way..when You and others, that read, leave a comment...it's that nudge, I need, to get back up again...just knowing...someone understands... or doesn't...but...loves me, anyway...is an Amazing Gift...
Kari...
Thank You...for your Beautiful Gift...
Love to You...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey, Glenda...
You know...when I visited your blog...I kind of felt the same way... The Pink Cad.... {I have a Pink Ford Stepside... 4x4...with a 6 inch lift... and 36 inch tires...it sits Way Up In The Sky!!!! John took it in his shop...15 years ago...and it is still there...one of our biggest mountains, has been over the 79 Ford Truck...in Playboy Pink...} If you had a relationship, with your Dad...Like I did... You are VERY BLESSED!!!! {I wish Men knew, how important they are, in their Daughter's eyes...oh my...} Thanks for visiting... and enjoy the ride... It's always a Smooth One... In a Cad...
Love to Ya...Sweet Pea...
Barb C.

Betty G said...

Honey--you are a blessing and a God send. This post hit home. You continue on your journey-and you will find so many others walk right along side of you. Sometimes we stumble and you pick us up. Sometimes you stumble and we will pick you up. That's a promise. We are on this journey together. Praise the Lord! Love to you, my dear~Betty

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Betty...
Back at You...
Tho, we have never met...YOU are an Angel...I always seem to know...you are Hovering...
I'm teary eyed...already, this morn...
Thank You....for your Fluttering Wings...
Love to You...
Barb C.

summersundays-jw said...

Loved Kari's comment -- she said it for me. Sometimes I just need to be alone a couple of days to get my mind straight & then I'm ready to face the world again. Sounds like you have yourself pretty much figured out. You go girl! Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Jan...
Every Day...is an Adventure...
The Angels...with 2x4's... oh my... they will drop ya to your knees... and the Lessons we Learn...while on our Knees!
Love Ya...
Barb C.