Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter....

I wish you....a Peaceful Easter....Filled with Many Blessings...
I'll put some food together...Visit with the Kids....and Grand Children... then...if it isn't too late...take Sally for a drive...to the Farm, where I enjoyed my most Favorite Easter....in 1971....Tho, sadly, the old house is gone...I still see it...just as it stood...that Warm...and Sunny...most Wonderful... Easter Sunday....When...for that day...Everything was Right with the World....
It's many miles away...down some gravel roads... a Happy Place....
Love, to Ya....

4 comments:

Betty G said...

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter with your beloved family. And may your memories of that special Easter be even more precious this day. God bless you! Luv~Betty

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Betty...
Happy...Happy Easter to You...Sweet Angel...
I just got home...it's nearly 7. Sally and I had a wonderful trot... I truly could see the wonderful Old House...as I turned up the road... and...even hear the screen door slam...as I stood at the old drive... {it slapped the the frame twice...with every shut} I swear...I could smell Mom's Wonderful Fried Chicken...in the gentle breeze....the little creek...where I fished for Chubs, and Bullheads...just down the road, seemed so much smaller...{it does...with each visit, somehow...} Funny...what a 7 year old brain, can soak in...
Had a great time, with the Kids...We really need to get together a Sunday, or two a month.... have a good meal....and maybe play cards... they are slipping away.....
Hope Your Easter Was Great...
Love to You...
Barb C.

Carolyn Langston said...

This is late but I'm just now reading your blog. what a wonderful piece of writing. Happy Easter -- even a few days late. Carolyn www.littlecottagespa.com

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Carolyn...
Thanks for the Sweet Comment...
And...Time...is...a Blink....
Love to Ya....
Barb C.