Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Gardens...In Chicago...

I can't resist, every year, getting an image of this...soooo cool!

This is inside the walkway, leading to another tent, with addional vendors....The Gardens always do a Beautiful Job...

Michael and I were taken back, by The Gardens 'English Garden'...It's stunning, now... imagine, what it will be like in weeks, and months to come....
Peg was disappointed, last year, nothing was blooming...but, Michael pointed out, if the Gardens were in bloom, it would be too late, for the Show... Folks want their Treasures set, in their Gardens, by then... so...Now, is the Time to Gather....

Michael was so taken with the 'Japanese Gardens'...me... I appreciate it.... but...I'm not much into 'structure'... I love things that are free spirited... willowy....viney..and unruley...somewhat...overgrown....{kind of like my hair...oh my...}......we both are huge, into detail...I Prefer... Organized Chaos...oh dear...

The Statuary, at the Show, was Incredible....We were told, many, many Amazing Pieces left on Preview....

Michael took this image... it was blooming outside...very beautiful....

Michael...who didn't want his picture taken....whatever....What a Sweet Pea!
Our week together, was a Much Needed Visit....
There are Many Wonderful Folks who you cross paths with, on this Journey, called Life....just a handful...that touch your Soul...He and Ed, have been two...I feel Blessed to have had them in my Life....


Ahhh...The Flower Child....What a Wonderful Job to Have...

Ahhh...Color....


Michael has been published, with his collection of Sun Colored Amethyst Glass... Most of his collection is sold... so.... he's starting another! Scarlett helped him out! She had some Beautiful Pieces!


I LOVED this Massive Urn...with a Dog Climbing to the top! Oh My!


This was in one of The Garden's Conservatories....Breathtaking....
I always try and get a group to go, to the Show...hope... this will help you, mark your calender, for next Spring...It is so worth the drive....You will be Inspired...
Love to Ya...


2 comments:

Glenda said...

Thank you for sharing the photos. It has been several years since I have attended this show, but was always drooling when I did. Brought back great memories, and need to make plans to attend next spring.
~G~

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks for stopping by, the blog, Glenda...
I had a Most Wonderful Time, at The Garden Show...and Gardens....I always do... I leave with inspiration, flowing throughout, my Heart, and Soul....
I'll look for you, next Spring...
Love, to you...
Barb C.