Sunday, April 3, 2011

Broken Glass... Tangled Vines...Broken Dishes...Topped...by a Gentle Spring Rain...

This was my day...
Made my way down the Rabbit Hole... this morning...tho I had Norah Jones playing...{I need her calming effect, down the Rabbit Hole...} I need it Loud... so I climbed up the mid 1800's Cupboard... to the top... where the CD player was...{I have lost the remote...in the rubble...}....the Player started to fall...{it's big...but has awesome sound...important to me...}I was trying to keep it from hitting the treasures...that are in mounds, below...{many apothecary jars...ironstone...beautiful dishes...} and not fall, with it... while doing so... I put my hand...and stereo through one of the original glass panes....of the wonderful, old cupboard... the CD player...Norah...and my hand... are miraculously unscathed...{Norah was found 6 feet away...flung from the player...into a basket of vintage lace...} The massive 1830's, wooden movement, heavy, weight driven clock...fell off the top of the cupboard, as well...it is still resting on it's side...it, also, is fine... the only casualty is the glass... and...I was broken hearted, over that... oh my...
I swore...I would get the Greenhouse Done, today... whatever...{there is always chocolate...and wine...}{think I'll start drinking now... through next weekend... oh my...} I did get the Wonderful...9 foot... Hardware Store Bin delivered to Sweet Audrey! {sweet cheeks tasty treats} and had visits from Mark...Dale...Garth and Ginger{virginia rose}....and...John and I moved some Heavy Stuff, into the shop.....oh my....so... I Did get Something done...
I keep cutting and pulling the Clematis...from the old porch...inside the Greenhouse.....oh my Gosh...What a Frickin'...Never Ending...Frickin' Mess!!!!! I'm covered...and so is every frickin' other thing...in the Greenhouse!!!! GRRRRR!!!!
Of course... while wrestling with the Clematis... I broke some darling dishes...that were simply in the wrong place...at the Wrong...Frickin' Time...Oh Dear!
Thankfully...God sent...a Gentle... Calming Rain...this Evening... to soothe my Fragmented Soul...
I'll tare into it... in the morn...
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{and...there is always wine...and chocolate...}{And...I did take images...but I left the Frickin' Camera... in the Frickin' Shop... and...I'm Not going back...tonight...}

4 comments:

Audrey @ Sweet Cheeks said...

The Garden Party is going to be amazing...I know it! You always make magic happen and it just wouldn't be right if the road wasn't bumpy would it ;)

I L-O-V-E the bin! It's awesome and ginormous and I can't wait to fill it full of crap!

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Honey...What's Not To Love?...It Is Amazing...You and I... Know It....
{and...we are Amazing!}
I Will have it done.... Or... Whatever...
I'll do my best... or the best... I can Pull from this Mad Hatter Mind... Oh...Dear...
Love to you...Sweet Audrey...
Barb C.

Joy said...

Barb, I'll be there for What Cheer, with a little posse of buyers from Denver! Hope you'll have re-stocked by then. . . so sorry I'm not able to make it for your Garden Party!!!! Save me some crazed old ironstone darlin' !
Love you, Joy

Simply Iowa said...

I Can't Wait to See YOU!!!
Sweet Joy!
I'm going through Tons of Ironstone...TODAY!!!!
Love Ya!!!
Can't Wait!
Barb C.