Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Chicago Botanic Garden Antiques & Garden Fair 2011

Amazing....This dealer was from New York...{At Home Antiques} The Bronze was Stunning...

This booth belongs to Michael Whittemore...I had the wonderful opportunity to get to know him, a bit, at Heart of Country, in Nashville...I was delighted to have a Lovely Chat with him here, at The Garden Show! He had some Beautiful Pieces...and told me about where some of the items I had sold at Heart, are now...{tho...I have already forgotten....oh dear...what a memory...!} He is a Darling!
{and was very busy writing tickets!!!}

This is about 20 minutes into the show...Michael and I tried to keep ahead, of the rush...to no avail...I was holding my camera over my head, to get images....

Every Booth was 'Drop to Your Knees' Amazing.... I'm thinking about doing it....maybe next year.... Wowza!!!!

This Stunning Booth belongs to Sweet, Al Linder....I Love Al! He is such a Cool Cat.... He always pops in, on his way through Iowa...and we All Love Seeing Him!

I can't find the card that goes with this image... but...I Gotta Tell Ya...They had to Mop the Floor, after I left the booth....This is Handmade, Italian Lace, from the 1800's... with horses...people...dogs... It was 2200.00..... and worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!!!

These four images are of Scarlett Scales Booth...{Oh My.... It was Packed!} I doubt she will have a Thing Left! They couldn't write tickets fast enough! She asked us to stay, and help...ah... we ran! Yikes! Her Booth was OVER THE TOP! as always...What a Doll!


Everything was like Candy...to a Child... my eyes are still rolling back in my head.....It is like another World....A Happy Place... filled with Flowers...and Smiling...Happy People... some... Familiar...some...Not...but...all...Friendly...All...with the Same... Glazed Look in Their Eyes...So...So....Happy to be there.... and See The Promise of Spring....
 
This Stunning Booth belongs to Worden Select Objects.... I was blown Away by the Galvanized Wine Rack...{oh my...and everything else, in their booths!}I could see it turned upside down, hanging from the ceiling... like a Chandelier, with a variety of colored, empty wine bottles... filling it...then bright, bright lights, inside...WOW!!!!{it's the graduated tiered piece, on the table....very...very cool..}
It made me feel so great, that they remembered my booth, at Nashville... and said how much they loved it.... That is HUGE coming from such Amazing Folk! {I Melted!!!}

Michael and I were inspired... We had a lovely time...I'm glad he was able to ride along...It was a Great Day...
Love to Ya...
Barb C.


4 comments:

Gatherings said...

Love the farm booth the best!

Simply Iowa said...

Imagine That.....
I do believe... Wanda...you would have been very inspired, with many, many areas of this Beautiful Show...
Barb C.
Your turn to jump in Sally, next Spring!

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

Helllooooo Iowa!
SEE you caught a glimpse of Me and Frog Husband at the show!!! I had a fun time and actually found (2) reasonably priced items at this "high-end" show!!!
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Jeanine!
Wasn't it Wonderful! Yes...High End... on soooo many levels.... I bought a few treasures, as did Michael...and we saw Many Sold Signs! Yeah! I usually go, to be inspired...and it has never let me down...
I actually thought prices were better this year, than in the past...I would have bought some amazing concrete... but we drove Sally...{Mustang} no room....
Hope you had a Most Wonderful Time...
Love, to Ya...
Barb C.