Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another Day...Alive...

John and I attended a Funeral, yesterday morning, for a Old Friend of his....I didn't know Leo, very well... but what I did know of him, he was a kind, and loving soul...a Family Man... a Good... Man...
I dropped John off at home...after...then had to make a quick run to Bill Ackerman's Antique Show, at the Fairgrounds, in Iowa City...{still going on today} It was Packed...with people, and Lot's of Great Antiques....I truly enjoyed seeing everyone....
Then...I stopped at Barntiques and Rug Cottage.... found some sweet ironstone pieces... Hooked up with Wanda, and Terry, {Gatherings} at Sisters' Garden... Ran into Marion, and Connie.... and so many friends there... had a great visit with Barb H., and Sweet Elaine....{all the shops looked Wonderful} I forgot my camera...so you'll have to go check them out, yourself!
I was going to hit the shops, in Kalona....but needed to get to the Duwa's Auction, before they closed... I had left a few bids...and thought since I was so close, I had better see if  any of my left bids, were successful.... one was... so...I'm glad I went down....
Had a Lovely visit with Dwight and Junell{Auctioneer, and Clerk...}....until late .... good folk....
I'm glad to be alive...and to have had this day, with friends...glad our paths, crossed... all of them...
Leo will be missed by many.... but...I know, within my heart... we will all be together, again....
life here...is such a blink...
Hope You Have a Most Happy Memory Day....
Bought this Vintage Cameo, from Sandy, at Bill's Show...She thought it was a Mourning piece...or, a 'transitional' Mourning Piece....It can be worn as a Broach...or, Necklace... I wore it, all day... and received many compliments... it's lovely...
Darling Tiny Italian Shelf Lamp! Oh My... I have never seen such an itty bitty lamp...with shade! The shade is ruff... but... I'll throw lace fragments all over it, so who cares!
I must have been in a 'purple' mood, yesterday... Love the little velvet jewelry box... and the Sun Colored Amethyst Pieces! {once clear glass, but over the years, with Sun exposer, has turned them purple...they will keep getting darker...} The creamer is very old...pressed glass, with a hand made handle.... later 1800's.... but the glass dome, is actually for a watch keeper.... While repairing, a Watch Maker, would place the watch, under the dome, for protection, from dust, or anything disturbing to the piece... very cool...
Love all of the buttons... the napkin ring is embellished with Strawberries... Fun Stuff! It was a good day......
Barb C.

No comments: